KP-3002 ... any good?

Emile

12 minutes ago, twk123 said:

pair in Denver that was originally listed for $600 and now dropped to $500 with no takers

These are in South Florida ... $160, but probably $100 to ship or a 10 hour round trip :( 

• Like 1

Lol, I see a roadtrip in your future!?! It would be neat if you could find another deal of something or other as well. Spend the night, dine out, or in. Carry a driver to spell you for a quick rounder. See deals all the time I would like but, to far to be practical. Of a sudden, a deal pops up nearby even more desireable. Maybe Carl or Colter, others will drop by.

Be safe! whatever you decide...Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Emile said:

These are in South Florida ... $160, but probably $100 to ship or a 10 hour round trip :( 

That is a tough call. $160 is probably a good deal and you can always stick them in a garage or shop etc. There is not a lot of info on these but I found an old spec sheet from an old posting:

image.thumb.png.f4a628b0678e6bd31f57b235c8f38ca2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Emile said:

@teaman, @twk123, @billybob ... thanks for the input.

Plus a little "bumb" to see if anyone is familiar with these.  Sure I'll get them, just trying to figure out how to hide them from the wife :D Only negative is seller's comment ... "just send me a money order" :( 

Cheers, Emile

Good luck to you Emile, I am still eyeballing several more of the KPT-200 that are listed on Ebay. I own four now and they sound absolutely amazing. If you recall I bought them from that same Florida seller you bought your KP from. I would swap them in everywhere i now have consumer surround speakers if I could fit them. Ten times the sound as I get out of my RS-3 ii's, and for basically the same money.

Tim

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Emile said:

just trying to figure out how to hide them from the wife :D

These boxes have "rat fur" on them.  Tried a Yamaha stage monitor as a center a couple of weeks ago ... sounded great, but too much work to build a new box for it ... so; bought a single Heresy to compliment my 2 (AVR) Heresy's ... awesome :D  Gave the Yamaha away :( 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, teaman said:

If you recall I bought them from that same Florida seller you bought your KP from.

Yeah :D  Fleabay seller handle is "musicplayer4u." Emailed him today to see if he had any more Klipsch stuff. He said he might have "more" in about 3 weeks :D 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

I see he is ORLANDO. I can run by and check them out for you if you need help

Thank you VERY VERY MUCH.  This is the guy @teaman and I bought stuff from before.  He "might" have some stuff in about 3 weeks :D 

My KP-3002 guy is in Miami :( 

• Like 1

Either way those are well worth a price up to 400 per pair. I love the sound of the KP , KPT and the KI line. I’m useing KI-102’s for my HT setup and love them I did have the
A complete KPT setup at one time
Kpt-904 mains
Kpt-484. Times 2 for subs
And 8. Kpt-100 for sides and rear in a 11.2 setup in my last big house
I ran them all off those marantz mono 100 watt amps and the sound was crazy in detail and impact

So I say if you can. Buy them for under 200 and your getting a great deal. I can show you how to make the cabs a piano black finish with not much effort that’s what I did with my big yamaha two-way horn loaded center speaker that I have

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

Either way those are well worth a price up to 400 per pair. I love the sound of the KP , KPT and the KI line. I’m useing KI-102’s for my HT setup and love them I did have the
A complete KPT setup at one time
Kpt-904 mains
I ran them all off those marantz mono 100 watt amps and the sound was crazy in detail and impact

So I say if you can. Buy them for under 200 and your getting a great deal. I can show you how to make the cabs a piano black finish with not much effort that’s what I did with my big yamaha two-way horn loaded center speaker that I have

That is pretty much my line of thinking now. All pro if the opportunity arises.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

He is in Miami? He list in the Orlando CL and other apps and say he is in Orlando

:D  the musicplayer4u guy that teaman and I bought stuff from is in Orlando :D  

The KP-3002 seller is a CraigsList guy in Miami ... OK; Homestead :) Sending him a note that says "SOLD" right now :D 

Thanks, Emile

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

Kpt-904 mains

AWESOME :D  Yes; got the KPT-904's .... guess I have to get more PRO stuff :D  Looking forward to your advise on how to get rid of the "rat fur." :D 

Thanks, Emile

• Like 2