KP-3002 ... any good?

Emile

The KP-3002 is a great speaker.  K-48 woofer (think Chorus) with a K-65 HF driver on the 604 horn.  The K-65 is a real over-achiever.  The box is constructed of OSB and covered with rat fur (carpet).  Anything under $375-$400/pair, in good condition, is a good deal (imho).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Dave A said:

Must be KP3002 week. Getting a set for $100 but it has a bad driver so probably for parts only.

:( still a bargain ... I hope. Will let you know if mine is defective when (if) I get it so maybe you'll have parts to fix it :)  

Yeah ... they should be "close to me" this weekend :D  Cousin of seller lives in Tampa and is visiting seller in Miami this weekend.  :D 

Haha ... then will wait a week to pick them up while my wife is "gone," so I can put them in my stereo room where she will never see them :D  

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 2:54 PM, Emile said:

they should be "close to me" this weekend

JEEZ ... and of course it "did not happen."  Hate these UNRELIABLE CraigsList sellers :(  OK; will try a couple more times before I give up :( 

Cheers, Emile

Haha ... I'm happy they are finally shipped to me :D  Anyone knows what woofers are in these?  If they are 15" might want to use them with K-510 horns :) 

OK; I'll listen to them first :D 

Cheers, Emile

12 hours ago, Emile said:

Haha ... I'm happy they are finally shipped to me :D  Anyone knows what woofers are in these?  If they are 15" might want to use them with K-510 horns :) 

OK; I'll listen to them first :D 

Cheers, Emile

Bill already told you, but the woofer is a K-48, the same as thr Chorus. [Fixed my typo!]

• Thanks 1

Yeah ... speakers are in Tampa; 20 miles away ... should get them tomorrow :D 

OK; have to get this "out" ... bought a rather large amount of Facebook stock about 6 months ago ... lost an arm and a leg when the stock went south due to the data scandal ... just got back on the plus side :)  ... JEEZ; down 20% today :( :( :( ... could have bought new Klipschorns for every room in the house (including bed and bathrooms) :( :( :( 

Starting on the wine early :) 

Cheers, Emile