19 members have voted

1. 1. When I feel a sneeze coming, I...

• always repress the sneeze
    • always sneeze once
    • always sneeze twice
    • always sneeze 3 times
    • sneeze a random number of times which varies
    • other

I'm pretty reliable in that if I sneeze once, I'm going to sneeze a second time 95% of the time....and then I'm done.

Rarely do I sneeze a single time and rarely do I sneeze more than twice though both have happened.

When I was in elementary school, we'd have belching contests to see who could say the vowels in the alphabet in one continuous exhale.  I found it interesting that there were some that were unable to do it.  I personally didn't find it a bit of a challenge.

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

I'm pretty reliable in that if I sneeze once, I'm going to sneeze a second time 95% of the time....and then I'm done.

Rarely do I sneeze a single time and rarely do I sneeze more than twice though both have happened.

When I was in elementary school, we'd have belching contests to see who could say the vowels in the alphabet in one continuous exhale.  I found it interesting that there were some that were unable to do it.  I personally didn't find it a bit of a challenge.

Good belching requires a lot of practice.

JJK

23 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Wow, you must be bored.

maybe... After you live with yourself for 60years plus, you notice things

but I have noticed a pattern for me. Generally 3 times. More than that typically signifies a cold coming on.

There is erectile tissue in the lining of the nose.  Being sexually aroused, consciously or unconsciously, tends to increase the probability of sneezing.  Worries about the devil arousing people may have led to the practice of saying, "God bless you" when somebody sneezes.

image.jpeg.bb99fc6b4425d67c6dc11d9e9bed0649.jpeg
Turbinates are composed of pseudostratified columnar, ciliated respiratory epithelium with a thick, vascular, and erectile glandular tissue layer. ... Each pair is composed of one turbinate in either side of the nasal cavity, divided by the septum.

Nasal concha - Wikipediaimage.png.8bee5a09ddf629ff1f9ebca7c72b05c4.pnghttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_concha

Logo of jrsocmed
J R Soc Med. 2008 Dec 1; 101(12): 587–591.
PMCID: PMC2625373
PMID: 19092028
Sneezing induced by sexual ideation or orgasm: an under-reported phenomenon

Table 1

Hypothesized parasympathetic efferents as a trigger for sneezing

Trigger Parasympathetic efferent response
Light exposure Miosis
Gastric fullness Gastric acid secretion
Sexual ideation Genital tumescence
Orgasm Ejaculate secretions