Replica Badges for my K-Horns - score!

Escher

My K-Horns are finished...

(Sorry if you are on the FB group, this is a repeat)

I contacted Klipsch to get a set of 70th anniversary badges as mine never had any (customized decorators)... but they don't have them...

So - I found an ebay seller who makes reproduction badges.  I sent him a pic of the 70th anniversary badge and a scan of my original labels with the script Klipschorn logo and he came up with a very nice design that is quite close to both the script and the style of the 70th anniversary badge.

Here is the result:

42442083335_f8d9d4ac78_b.jpg

42442211595_aa2f00302c_c.jpg

• Like 3

I contacted Klipsch to get a set of 70th anniversary badges as mine never had any (customized decorators)... but they don't have them...

So - I found an ebay seller who makes reproduction badges.  I sent him a pic of the 70th anniversary badge and a scan of my original labels with the script Klipschorn logo and he came up with a very nice design that is quite close to both the script and the style of the 70th anniversary badge.

Here is the result:

Are there La Scala badges availible?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Understood thank you, can I ask please how much you paid for them?

Not currently - look for eBay ID grossbjorn and see if he can make you a set.. that’s how I got these.  It’s a great service for folks with vintage audio needing new badges.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
On 7/11/2018 at 3:02 PM, Escher said:

Around $60 shipped from Russia...

I see why you used magnets, there’s no co-gluesion with Russia.

Seriously, they look great.  While listening to @ClaudeJ1‘s Jubilees awhile back, we were discussing a Southeast Michigan get together.  Would you be interested?  In the spring I’ll start a thread dedicated to such an event.  Until then, if you want to be on the mailing list let me know.  @mopar dave @Treyphan @bhenry @picky @Audio Flynn @teaman

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

I see why you used magnets, there’s no co-gluesion with Russia.

Seriously, they look great.  While listening to @ClaudeJ1‘s Jubilees awhile back, we were discussing a Southeast Michigan get together.  Would you be interested?  In the spring I’ll start a thread dedicated to such an event.  Until then, if you want to be on the mailing list let me know.  @mopar dave @Treyphan @bhenry @picky @Audio Flynn @teaman

I still spend a weekend in Detroit every now and then. Keep me "posted". LOL

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 1:34 PM, Escher said:

Here is the result:

WOW! Very nice.   I'm looking for the Cornwall script or even a Heresy script if there is one.

• Like 1

On July 11, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Escher said:

Here is the result:

Other than the badges, which look very good BTW, what else did you do to your speakers?  Are the pristine decorators back in the custom cabinetry shells, and is the grill cloth the same?  In any case, they look very good.  I look forward to hearing them this spring or summer.

FWIW, although not an intellectual property lawyer, I am an attorney, and I would not lose sleep over using Russian reproduction Klipsch badges.   The main issue, IMO, is whether you are trying to misrepresent non-Klipsch products as Klipsch for resale, which you are not.  Could the Russian seller run afoul of the intellectual property laws, perhaps, but unlikely?  Clearly they are selling reproductions.  More important,  they are producing something that is unavailable from Klipsch.  It would be different if they were competing with Klipsch.  In any event, the practicality of successful economically feasible international litigation over this issue makes it extremely unlikely that Klipsch cares in the least.