Musical Design DM-100 Power Amp / SOLD

richieb

This really great amp has finally taken a backseat to a couple other much more expensive amps so somone else might want a deal on a well built/designed power amp.

From Musical Design/Concepts and owner John Hillig the Class A/B DM-100 is a true 100 watt dual mono amp from the twin transformers to the seperate boards for each channel, MOSFET power, LED bias.

Hillig worked with David Hafler in his early days before striking out on his own. I have a Hillig modified Pioneer PD-93 CD player that is nothing short of phenomenal  in its sound and a big reason I have little desire for vinyl.  Amp is in 9.5/10 condition, quiet, runs a bit warm and sounds terrific. OE box and manual. Tough to do much better for 550 bones.

Shipping from 66226 - and Thanks.

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

—— Thanks. Yep it is still a current model with the base units like mine selling for $2K and $3K for the souped up amps. It’s good enough that I’ve back/forth with it against a $5K Class A Pass amp and like always just prefer Class A amps. This is a crazy good amp for most any money let alone under five bills. And Hillig knows his stuff, worked with David Hafler in his early days. 

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, richieb said:

-- bump at $475. Still a current model, just spoke with builder John Hillig the other day. 

Daddy needs two new pair of shoes - Bump.

Are you considering trades? What size shoe do you wear? 

Might have to give it a look when I'm in your neighborhood next week, if I get a chance.

23 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Are you considering trades? What size shoe do you wear? 

Might have to give it a look when I'm in your neighborhood next week, if I get a chance.

—— depends on the maker. Custom made Italians a US 12. Even trade for the amp? WMart specials made in Vietnam a 10. Shoes plus $450 for the amp? 

Trades ? Send a PM but I’m deep in amps and really don’t need another. Two for sale dontcha’ know.

2 hours ago, richieb said:

—— depends on the maker. Custom made Italians a US 12. Even trade for the amp? WMart specials made in Vietnam a 10. Shoes plus $450 for the amp? 

Trades ? Send a PM but I’m deep in amps and really don’t need another. Two for sale dontcha’ know.

Based on your gear, I have nothing to trade that you would want. Just the shoe joke thing.

I will be in KC on Wednesday, itinerary still up in the air, but may be interested in this amp, the other one is too rich for my blood. 

10 hours ago, richieb said:

—— Thanks. Yep it is still a current model with the base units like mine selling for $2K and $3K for the souped up amps. It’s good enough that I’ve back/forth with it against a $5K Class A Pass amp and like always just prefer Class A amps. This is a crazy good amp for most any money let alone under five bills. And Hillig knows his stuff, worked with David Hafler in his early days. 

I've been very impressed with Hillig's musical design and musical concepts hafler modifications especially for the price and build quality.

GLWS

miketn

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...