Found: Bocce Ball Set

Rivernuggets

7 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Thanks for the link, though I don't see a price.

After digging around last night, Perfetta seems to be the one to get. Pricey, but sounds like they'll last:

https://www.playaboule.com/Perfetta_Club_Pro_Speckled_bocce_Set.aspx

This is for my wife's birthday and it's coming up soon. Will decide shortly. 

That's exactly the one they used to sell at target. Not a bad price at all. I might get one, drink in hand optional.... NOT!

14 minutes ago, jason str said:

Playing on a court takes more skill, its flat and the balls go where they are supposed to, on grass you have dips, roots, hills and such proper shots are more luck than skill based.

If you're training for the Bocce Olympics fine. Otherwise who cares?  It's more about the company than the competition. 

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

We normally loft the ball with backspin and try to get close but again, who cares.   Lots of things can be fun under less than ideal circumstances.

Never said its not fun, just better on a Bocce court. I started out playing on grass myself long ago.

So many opportunities for sophomoric male humor in this thread, but I have a reputation to maintain.  I just came back from a vacation in France and we played a lot of "Petanque" which is what they call Bocci ball over there.