Forget Auto Tune Now They've Gotten Rid of the Singer

thebes

Auto tune that awful aid for the awful singers that can't hold a tune is now a thing of the past.  On tour and selling out auditoriums throughout the land is an it called "Hatsune Miku". It's a hologram backed  by four real musicians. Its voice is software, something called a vocaloid engine created by Yamaha, those guys that brought you those cheesy player piano organs. Since it's a hologram designed by a manga artist costume changes during the show are a breeze. Just don't turn a normal light stick on it, the auditorium needs to be pretty dark or it just disappears.

I'm thinking of getting me one of those vocaloid engine doohickeys.  Might improve my singing in the shower. I guess the likes of Beyonce, Taylor, Rihanna and Katy have some serious competition for the top spot in treacle and banality.

• Like 1

Why if Thebes thinks it belongs in 2 Channel, then it most surely does, cause he's been posting stuff like this in this section for just about  forever.

(Just don't mention certain words around him, like fancy cables, the beatles, streaming it just riles him up.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, thebes said:

Why if Thebes thinks it belongs in 2 Channel, then it most surely does, cause he's been posting stuff like this in this section for just about  forever.

(Just don't mention certain words around him, like fancy cables, the beatles, streaming it just riles him up.)

Are you always this self-important, or just when you're high on your own farts?  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, isotopesope said:

Are you always this self-important, or just when you're high on your own farts?  

I'm the finest man I know. When I walk down the street men applaud and women swoon.

(Yup that's swoon. The Secret Sisterhood Society agreed in a conclave to bring it back just for me)

Lighten up dude. This place is for fun, learning and sharing and the latter two don't happen without the first. Might I suggest you read a few hundred of my trenchant, witty, sublime posts before you render a judgement. I do think that might give you a sense of Thebes.

"Sense of Thebes" Hey I like that!

Maybe I could build it into a new Eastern religion, or maybe it could be a sense, maybe the 7th sense we've all been seeking.

Gotta  think about this.  Maybe I could get one of these newfangled avatar singers to travel about preaching the word of Thebes.

• Like 1

Referring to oneself in the third person... Ballsy! Only d-bags, geniuses, or the very wealthy/odd do this. So, which are you?

OT: I think it's an interesting concept. Before we go screaming that the vocalists are on their way out and sounding 7 horns, let's just consider that this is simply a concept for a tech that can be put to use in many applications outside music.