Forte II Risers

ARjetman

I have no idea if this will interest or help anyone at all but....I bought a set of Forte IIs from another forum member in Fort Worth. They are great speakers with Crites upgrades but they were missing the risers. I searched everywhere for a set of risers for about a month with no luck and then decided to have a set built. I found a local cabinet maker in Little Rock. I took him precise measurements and many photos. They are made from solid walnut. My Fortes are Walnut Oiled. The wood was $50 and he charged $105 for labor, 3 hours at $35 per hour. I painted the black and stained and oiled the wood myself. I used Rust-oleum Cognac Wood Stain to match the color. The pictures show the results which I am very happy with. Just some info in case anyone ends up in the same position searching for risers. Not nearly as cheap  as I found some other model risers for sale on eBay but an alternative none the less. Also, being solid walnut, I believe they will outlast the speakers and they don't seem to be nearly as delicate as the veneer.

Risers1.JPG

Risers2.JPG

Risers3.JPG

Risers4.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/15/2018 at 12:25 AM, ARjetman said:

I have no idea if this will interest or help anyone at all but....I bought a set of Forte IIs from another forum member in Fort Worth. They are great speakers with Crites upgrades but they were missing the risers. I searched everywhere for a set of risers for about a month with no luck and then decided to have a set built. I found a local cabinet maker in Little Rock. I took him precise measurements and many photos. They are made from solid walnut. My Fortes are Walnut Oiled. The wood was $50 and he charged $105 for labor, 3 hours at $35 per hour. I painted the black and stained and oiled the wood myself. I used Rust-oleum Cognac Wood Stain to match the color. The pictures show the results which I am very happy with. Just some info in case anyone ends up in the same position searching for risers. Not nearly as cheap  as I found some other model risers for sale on eBay but an alternative none the less. Also, being solid walnut, I believe they will outlast the speakers and they don't seem to be nearly as delicate as the veneer.

Risers1.JPG

Risers2.JPG

Risers3.JPG

Risers4.JPG

I need these plans, do you still have the measurements?

We are moving at the moment. I believe the plans are in a box at my storage. I’ll check tomorrow. I just measured the width and depth at the bottom of each speaker. For height and router measurements I measured the risers on my Chorus’, took a percentage of the total speaker height and scaled that to the height of the Forte. I’ll try to get you the numbers. 

• Like 1

@ARjetman

Thank you for starting the thread. There always is some interest in new risers, as they take the most beating being the first point of contact with the floor, and have reached age 22-33 now. Used risers are exceedingly rare and your method is the most recommended method to creating authentic looking reproduction risers.  Great outcome on the color match.  If you get a chance please add/edit your OP with details on measurements, materials, products you used so you can provide those that visit here later a good reference for their own builds.

• 3 years later...