Musk off his Rocker?

Jeff Matthews

4 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I think that photo was taken as he was trying to stay awake while listening to Jane Fonda drone on, and on, and on......

Actually he was demonstrating to a subcommittee what occurred to himself while captured. Tooth picks were administered while he was made to watch reruns of Jane in the oft vilified by some, Barbarella...which remains, a Turner Classic. At least that is what I heard from someone, I cannot recall now as abit sleepy like Mr. Ted or Teddy as she fondaly referred to him out of others earshot.

@Mallette ...never you mind Dave. It was you that pointed out to me the genuine aspects of the man. In this world, the media are bound to get it wrong sometime, as well as those who are not to be perceived as making a mistake. As always, it still remains to be seen who is always the guilty party, as time goes by.

@billybob...I wasn't so shocked at his off the cuff remark to someone who clearly had no clue what Musk was doing to help as the fact this guy who has nothing but a single focus in life, getting to Mars, redirecting his top engineers to this job and pulling it off in days. 

Yeah, I am impressed.

Dave

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Mallette said:

@billybob...I wasn't so shocked at his off the cuff remark to someone who clearly had no clue what Musk was doing to help as the fact this guy who has nothing but a single focus in life, getting to Mars, redirecting his top engineers to this job and pulling it off in days. 

Yeah, I am impressed.

Dave

Agree, his focus and dedication to a task is nothing short of admirable. Regardless of the kudos that go to NASA, their nailbiting and procrastination on issues that effect our future as mankind. Their dedication has been admirable for their past yet, there remains the future performance that is in question to me. Casualties are to be expected when we are talking out of this world projection, literally speaking of course. You have to be bold, and go for the gusto as, others plan their respective futures.

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

Regardless of the kudos that go to NASA, their nailbiting and procrastination on issues that effect our future as mankind. Their dedication has been admirable for their past yet, there remains the future performance that is in question to me.

TRVTH

Both lines. I've always admired NASA's accomplishments, but the politics and bureaucracy that come with it have so retarded its ability to get things done we need Musk and all the other entrepreneurs in space to get back on track to where the US and humanity as a whole needs to be in order to survive.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Both lines. I've always admired NASA's accomplishments, but the politics and bureaucracy that come with it have so retarded its ability to get things done we need Musk and all the other entrepreneurs in space to get back on track to where the US and humanity as a whole needs to be in order to survive.

Dave

Yes, and we have had this discussion before, yet that is the essence of any debate. Musk's hands are tied only so far as backing for his project(s) comes from the support of the capitalists amongst us. I say, in my limited opinion, if he not already garnered the support of well heeled investors, read, venture capitalists, he will. It is the future after all. Money has to find it's way into investment somewhere, all said and done. No room for farsighted people to rest on their laurels. It is a no-brainer, to be repetitive.

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I thought Travis (dwilawyer) revealed to us that Musk is getting a lot of NASA money.

I think it has been made clear that NASA isn't stupid. Of course they are investing. Probably not as much as they should but they are investing. As the rather expensive upkeep of ISS is taxpayer supported, it's certainly the obvious thing to do since the Falcons are by far the most reliable and inexpensive spacecraft of all time.

Dave

4 minutes ago, Mallette said:

I think it has been made clear that NASA isn't stupid. Of course they are investing. Probably not as much as they should but they are investing. As the rather expensive upkeep of ISS is taxpayer supported, it's certainly the obvious thing to do since the Falcons are by far the most reliable and inexpensive spacecraft of all time.

Dave

I understand, but there are people who are not aware that these arrangements exist.  I was unaware until Travis pointed it out.  I don't consider it a slight to Musk at all.  It is in the national interest to allot money to development.  It doesn't hurt one bit to contract with private companies, except only to the extent there is some kind of rigged profiteering - which seems to be too common these days.  I've never heard of anything like that with Musk.  

Anyway, I hope he accomplishes everything he has set out to do.  It's all the better for the rest of us.

Musk is an ahole pure and simple.  Builds his cars with scab labor and now that they might want to unionize he's cut a deal to open up a plant in China. Within months every bit of technological advantage he may enjoy will be given to,  and or stolen by the by his new buddies.

I can only hope that little pissant chokes on is own bile.

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I don't consider it a slight to Musk at all. 

Can't even imagine why it should be considered anything but a compliment. As you mention, they've spent billions with Boeing and Boeing develops stuff for them at vastly inflated rates and at a snails pace. Musk claims he's going to test BFR next year. Even though I am an admirer and have learned to expect extraordinary things from Iron Man, I find that mind boggling. Concept to space in 3 years? NASA or Boeing can't even get plans drawn up that fast.

Dave

34 minutes ago, thebes said:

Musk is an ahole pure and simple.  Builds his cars with scab labor and now that they might want to unionize he's cut a deal to open up a plant in China. Within months every bit of technological advantage he may enjoy will be given to,  and or stolen by the by his new buddies.

I can only hope that little pissant chokes on is own bile.

good ole' Thebes.