Is It True? No Love For The RF-82? (II)

jdmccall

Is it true?  If so, is it because they were blown out at deep discount at the end of their run?  Or is it the other way around?  Were they blown out because nobody loved them?  If there is no love and it's based on performance, then what is the issue?  I bought a pair in December of 2016 and I use them with a pair of subs and by dang, I find little to criticize, sound-wise.  In my room there was a big hump in the 50 Hz area, but a little EQ and the subs (crossed over at 100 Hz) pretty much fixed that and extended the response down to the 25 Hz band to boot.  I guess vinyl-clad speakers are kind of hard to love, which I totally understand.  But the vinyl doesn't hurt the sound much if any, I would say.  

Is it true?  If so, is it because they were blown out at deep discount at the end of their run?  Or is it the other way around?  Were they blown out because nobody loved them?  If there is no love and it's based on performance, then what is the issue?  I bought a pair in December of 2016 and I use them with a pair of subs and by dang, I find little to criticize, sound-wise.  In my room there was a big hump in the 50 Hz area, but a little EQ and the subs (crossed over at 100 Hz) pretty much fixed that and extended the response down to the 25 Hz band to boot.

Can you clarify what your talking about?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I just haven't seen much pro or con.  When I got mine, they'd already been put in the discount bargain bin, so that would explain that, I suppose.  Heritage and the latest and greatest Reference products seem to be where the swarm goes...and the good looking girls.  All well and good.  I just think the 82-2 is pretty darned good sounding in light of the paltry price of admission ($718 delivered).  Nothing special I suppose; especially in the Klipsch universe, but still quite satisfying in their own right.