F/S Altec 511B horns with K55M drivers

kg4guy

Guest wdecho

I have used the exact same combination with my LaScala bass bin. More efficient than the stock K-horn, LaScala so it would need some attenuation for use with your woofer. Larger soundstage is biggest difference I noticed. when it comes to horns bigger is most of the time better. Excellent deal for someone that likes to play considering you are getting horns that sell for $200 or more on ebay and the excellent Klipsch drivers.  

On 7/16/2018 at 3:41 PM, kg4guy said:

I have a mint pair of Altec 511B horns with K55M's on them will include the Selenium ADF25-25 1 adapters looking for $325

Interesting :D  Have been looking for a set of 510 horns, but of course not much luck so far :(  

Anyone has a guess for the frequency range?  Want to build a 2-way with horns :D 

Cheers, Emile

Guest wdecho

The 511B horn was used extensively as a 2 way in the Voice of the theater speakers. Of course you will need a driver that can produce from 500hz up in a 1" driver which is not that easy or cheap to find. 

2 hours ago, kg4guy said:

LOL there is a lot of Altec 1" drivers for sale that do exactly that so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I know what he's talking about.  It may be true that Altec has a 1" mid-driver that dips into the 500 Hz range, and maybe they are all over the place easily found.  I'm not an Altec person so I wouldn't know.  But all the other CD's I've seen that can drive 500-20,000 Hz are NOT cheap. 

The K-63-N CD in my CF-4's can drive 400-20,000 Hz but the last replacement price (new) I saw was around $800 each.