La scala cable replacement

Don't know what your budget is, but you can get a nice pair of kimber kable 4tc 8 foot pair for about 125 used if you look around.  I'm ajnig fan of those and audio quest type 4 or type 8 cable.  Cheaper, mogami w3103 cable with GLS Audio cable terminations.   Just my preference from messing around with tons of cables and speaker combos over the years 

Guest wdecho

Common 18 gauge copper hookup wire, or 18 gauge copper zip cord, is plenty good enough for me. Solder the wires and then attach connectors. After crimping you can then also solder the wire to the connectors for a permanent never a problem with wire connection. Anything larger than 18 gauge is PIA to work with and overkill in my opinion.  

The kimber is a little brighter and a touch on the hyper detailed side, the audio quest is a little smoother with better bass IMO, not looking to argue about it.   I have heard the zip cord argument 1000 times and to all my buddies that grew up believing that I just hand them a pair of cables and have them try it for themselves.   Audio advisor gives you free 30 day trials of you are on the fence.  My answers are for amp to speaker hookup.   Not sure if you are talking about rewiring internally or externally.... 

1 minute ago, Shakeydeal said:

I edited that post about 30 seconds after I made it, long before your smart *** retort.

I can do this all day long, it ain't my first rodeo........

Unfortunately, this is not helping our friend Stefano.  I'm pretty sure he asked about wire, not rodeo's.

4 minutes ago, Deano1974 said:

Volti Audio is selling speaker cable that they recommend for horns

See the link and scroll to the bottom to see the speaker cables

http://www.klipschupgrades.com/wiring.shtml891e01597caad263c634747aea0cb23a.jpg2316720b42a1fb4c19424ac6e18cdd8b.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

That is the knuconcepts cable. Laspada Audio sells it for half the price with top notch terminations. That's where I bought mine.

Shakey

• Like 2

I was, goimg to say that looks like car audio cable... Until I read that it is. Haha. I've used that stuff to wire full cars before with high quality zapco amps and jl/dynaudio car systems and it sounds great with low noise.  Not a bad "all in one buy" for a reasonable price 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Stefano, just for clarity, are you referring to the internal wiring between the drivers and crossovers, or external speaker wire connection to the amp?

Hi, I'm referring to the internal wiring between the drivers and crossovers

Stefano