Joe Holland-Klipsch Tape

NieceeAR

Joe Holland, who is featured in the Klipsch Tape is alive and kicking at 92.  As a friend of Paul Klipsch, he recorded this tape under the supervision of P.W.K.  Joe would fly around with Paul in Paul’s personal plane introducing new speakers to dealers.  Joe would play music from the Klipsch Tape, then The Tape would be played demonstrating the hi-fi quality of the speakers.  The sounds on tape sounded like the live drum Joe was playing.  

This man has incredible stories.  I took pics and videos of him but can’t figure out how to add to this page.  You may be wondering g how a lady in Hot Springs, AR (1.25 hours from Hope.) meet this world class drummer.  He advertised his Klipsch speakers in the state newspaper!!!  (Ninety-two year olds aren’t prolific with Craigslist, EBay, Pinterest, etc.) he lives in Little Rock, an hours drive.  So, off I went. I picked up his  KG1s Bookshelf speakers he has had since mid 99’s.  But, I picked up a new friend and heard hours of stories about his music experiences.  You can google his name and Klipsch Tape to read more about him.  

• Like 1