Brand new RSB-8 turns off randomly - unusable

ksven

I got an RSB-8 today, and unfortunately it is completely unusable.

About every 5 minutes it loses connection and turns off. I first thought the problem was HDMI-CEC, so I connected the TV via optical instead. Still happened. Then I saw the wifi light in the back started flashing when it happened, so I tried to change to a different wifi network, same problem.

It also disconnects randomly when playing music over spotify via wifi.

Extremely disappointed with this, anyone know what could be the cause, or if anything can be done? Or is the product simply defective and has to be returned?

I got an RSB-8 today, and unfortunately it is completely unusable.

About every 5 minutes it loses connection and turns off. I first thought the problem was HDMI-CEC, so I connected the TV via optical instead. Still happened. Then I saw the wifi light in the back started flashing when it happened, so I tried to change to a different wifi network, same problem.

It also disconnects randomly when playing music over spotify via wifi.

Extremely disappointed with this, anyone know what could be the cause, or if anything can be done? Or is the product simply defective and has to be returned?

Have you tried updating the firmware? Is it brand new? Call Klipsch support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, baron167 said:

Have you tried updating the firmware? Is it brand new? Call Klipsch support?

In another thread on this forum, you will see I already posted that I tried to upgrade firmware of RSB-8, but the firmware upgrade won't trigger no matter what I do. I've tried 3 separate USB sticks, I've even tried both FAT, FAT32, exFAT and NTFS file systems. No matter what I do, the firmware won't upgrade.

Update: seems like unplugging the power supply from the wall outlet and plugging it back in resolved the power/reboot issue. I don't understand why it would, but it's been stable for 20 minutes now, crossing my fingers....

(firmware still won't update though) 

4 minutes ago, baron167 said:

Have you called support?

I'm an overseas customer, so hoping to resolve it without having to involve support. If the problem reappears I'll probably just get the unit swapped via the retailer. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same problem.

I bought 2 years ago (so no warranty now), and it doesnt work with the TV sound (through HDMI ARC). 

No matter what I've tried (change HDMI cable, factory reset, unplugging the power supply and plugging back), there is no sound.

I tried to upgrade firmware, but it wasn't trigger no matter what I do. 

Havent tried via optical cable yet...

Has anybody any souliton?

Thanks