Crites A-55G

Shakeydeal

13 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

The search function works pretty well here.

As always, thanks for you concise, pithy response. I will take that under advisement.

Glad you dropped by, but I'm sure you have some puppies or a baby to save from a burning building. Or something honorable like that.....

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

As always, thanks for you concise, pithy response. I will take that under advisement.

Glad you dropped by, but I'm sure you have some puppies or a baby to save from a burning building. Or something honorable like that.....

If you need help, I'm sure Mommy will be happy to step you through.

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

Glad you dropped by, but I'm sure you have some puppies or a baby to save from a burning building. Or something honorable like that..

Well, since I am a volunteer firefighter, and  those sorts of things do come up from time to time, I appreciate your support.

• Like 2

Just now, Westcoastdrums said:

"Well, since I am a volunteer firefighter

Didn't know that and I sincerely appreciate you because of that 

Long family history.  From New Jersey, to Pennsylvania, to Connecticut, to Michigan to Washington State, to Indiana,.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Well, since I am a volunteer firefighter, and  those sorts of things do come up from time to time, I appreciate your support.

Understood.

I am a first responder where I work and had EMT training years ago. I have several friends who are volunteer fireman.

Even though you can be a jerk on this site sometimes, I still commend you for your service. And I take back the earlier comment.

I have used the search function and actually didn't need any help in doing so. But I would still like to solicit comments from anyone who has experience with the A55.

Shakey

• Like 2

DeanG replaced the diaphrams in his solder terminal dual phase plug K-55V's and compared them to the A-55G's because it would not be fair to compare a new midrange to one with a 30 year old diaphragm in it.  He did give the edge to the A-55G by a small margin.  As already stated the "Search" function while far from ideal is your friend. :-)

• Thanks 1

It seems like everyone that has bought them likes them. That can sometimes give a little bias. I’ve never heard of someone not liking them though, so that is good. Roy didn’t seem like it was a good idea with some turbulence with the different sizes. 

I put a brand new pair of A-55's in the Belle's that I built and I thought they sounded awesome for the short time I actually got to listen to them.  If I remember right, I never even listened to the K-55's before putting them in so I really can't give a comparison, per se, of the two so maybe my opinion doesn't carry as much validity.  But the midrange and vocal quality was crazy good and very detailed to my ears.  I wanted these to have all new drivers since they were all new speakers, in a respect.  

I'm using new K-33's, A-55's and CT120's for drivers and built a new set of AA crossovers.

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

I have used the search function and actually didn't need any help in doing so. But I would still like to solicit comments from anyone who has experience with the A55.  -Shakey

I think you can start a new thread on any subject any time you want, for two reasons.

First, that search feature is NOT your friend.  It is cumbersome and unless you use the EXACT right spelling you may not find the info you want.  Try searching for "La Scala" some time.  Or lascala.  Or La Scalla.  Or crossover, or cross over.  You will get VERY different results.

But most importantly you can start a new thread on an old subject because you want to.  That's one of the privileges of being a Klipsch Forum member, if you sign in you can start a new topic.  If a viewer has something to contribute then we all benefit from reading that fresh opinion, thanks to the new thread.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I think you can start a new thread on any subject any time you want, for two reasons.

First, that search feature is NOT your friend.  It is cumbersome and unless you use the EXACT right spelling you may not find the info you want.  Try searching for "La Scala" some time.  Or lascala.  Or La Scalla.  Or crossover, or cross over.  You will get VERY different results.

But most importantly you can start a new thread on an old subject because you want to.  That's one of the privileges of being a Klipsch Forum member, if you sign in you can start a new topic.  If a viewer has something to contribute then we all benefit from reading that fresh opinion, thanks to the new thread.

I agree. Doesn't matter how good you can spell, it's all predicated on how well the OP spelled  your "key word" when their thread was started.

Shakey

• Like 2