Too good to pass up?

rivercat

28 minutes ago, rivercat said:

So just doin some quick research, it doesn’t look like the replacement drivers are available for the RC7 (I assumed that’d be the case)

Obviously I'd want to do both drivers if I were to do this replacement, is this a common replacement and does anyone have experience with it as far as quality of sound compared to original drivers, etc?

At $450 still an excellent pick up.

Can you take some pics?  Let's get some more pairs of eyeballs on your stuff and maybe we can help assess.  My CF-4's came to me not with scratches, but with deep gouges and they cleaned up pretty well.  I'm hopeful for your RC-7 cab.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Schu said:

I was going to originally say pass when you originally first posted ... now :(

I don’t regret the purchase, the center is by far the worst part. I know if I wanted to I could sell any one of the other components and get my money back and some. But I’d like to be able to put a little money into this and make it sing if possible.

27 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

What kind of shape are the grills in?

The cabs and some woofs are rough but believe it or not those cabs will clean up.  I'll try to find the @mustang guy post where he refurbed some La Scala's. 

Edit: Found it

Thanks WVU! 

The grills are all decent. The RC7 is missing the Klipsch logo, the sub has a small white paint drip on it and the RF7’s have a couple snags in them. I’d love to be able to replace all the grills if possible too.

I’ll be checking that other thread out. I’m actually really looking forward to this whole process. 

Im not new to Klipsch, but this is kind of my first go at anything like this.

I grew up listening to my dads La Scala’s (which he still has and sound great). I have the R20b sound bar in the living room (my wife really wanted something simple and clean looking, not a big home theater type setup in the living room). And I have the R15m’s in my listening room. So I have a few things, but most of it has been just a new purchase. This is the first truly high end thing I’ve bought myself so now I get to kind of restore them a bit. We’ll see how it goes!

Edited by rivercat

1 hour ago, oldred said:

+1....don't think I would have taken on this project.

George

I guess what I look at is the fact that the the RF7’s are in very good shape as is. A little bit of sanding and re-staining and they’ll look almost new. They’re easily worth $600+

The RSW15 is in great condition, worth probably 450+

The Onkyo receiver is in great shape and worth $100-$200.

So even if the RC7 is a lost cause and worthless (which I don’t think it is), there is still WAY more value in this setup than the $450 I spent.

With all this said, I probably won’t be selling any of it because I actually want the speakers. I may sell the receiver with the plan on getting something newer and nicer down the road.

• Like 1