AV receiver with decent 2 channel performance for music

Rookie

Hi all ,  I need a little guidance with this . My current 7.1 set up is as below 

Pioneer VSX 1123

Fronts : RF 62's ii

Center : RC 52

Surrounds : RS 62 ii

Rears : R15M''s 

Sub: SVS  SB2000

I have bought a turntable so was looking at buying a stereo amplifier with HT bypass . The dealer suggested me an option of upgrading my Pioneer to Marantz SR7012 saying it is great  for 2 channel music listening , has a great phono stage and it will also improve my overall HT performance a lot over pioneer. 

Has anyone used an amp with HT bypass or have SR 7012  ? Not sure what would be a right path .

Help please !!!

Thanks heaps !

Edited by Rookie

22 minutes ago, cinemaprof said:

I have a Marantz SR 7010 and would agree wholeheartedly with the dealer's comments.  It is used with Klipschorn fronts in an HT setup and is very musical in typical stereo.

23 minutes ago, cinemaprof said:

I have a Marantz SR 7010 and would agree wholeheartedly with the dealer's comments.  It is used with Klipschorn fronts in an HT setup and is very musical in typical stereo.

Great . That's good to know . Thanks !

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Depending on the budget, how about a used processor/ multi channel amp instead?  Even if it's slightly older.... Unless you NEED the latest and greatest.   You trade the latrst tech for a solid increase in SQ 

Hmm ... absolutely  no problem buying a used one as long as I can test it before buying . I used a Rotel power amp for a while to power my front speakers which I bought for a $250 and it worked really well . Sold it for almost same price to add some money in my piggy bank for the next purchase . My Budget is around $1500 and I the SR7012 is on special price as the dealer as a few left in stock which he wants to get rid off . It's for $1350 which fits in the budget .  

9 minutes ago, AHall said:

Avm60 if your looking for pre/pro. 1120 if your looking for a powered unit. 

Just checked it . Goes out my budget mate 😩 . Got some awesome reviews though . Thanks !

Edited by Rookie
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rookie said:

Just checked it . Goes out my budget mate 😩 . Got some awesome reviews though . Thanks !

Then look at the 720 or even the slightly older 710.  Also take a look at the NAD T758V3.

Bill

16 hours ago, willland said:

Also take a look at the NAD T758V3.

Bill

About a month into mine and very pleased with both 5 channel TV and 2 channel music. Zone 2 is flawless. I've not yet played with the room correction.

On the other hand, I'm a bit more picky with my turntable set up. Separates for sure.

Look for a used Sunfire pre/pro a decent 5 channel amp and a killer 2 channel amp. The Sunfire TGIV has a phono stage.... pretty sure

• Like 1