2019 Daytona Rolex 24 Infield Parking Pass NEEDED, Well, WANTED

Audio Android

13 hours ago, Audio Android said:

I dont suppose anyone on here has an extra ticket for infield parking for the 24 hour race....??

No I don't, sorry. But this is a race I've always wanted to go to.

A friend of mine won this race a few years ago 😀

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

No I don't, sorry. But this is a race I've always wanted to go to.

A friend of mine won this race a few years ago 😀

I saw that in the CAR thread.....You said he drove for Dan Gurney....1993 Winner..:emotion-21:

This is by far the best racing venue I have ever been to....I get there the day the gates open on that Thursday before race weekend and camp in the infield.....When you're  watching the racing from the seats you literally feel like you have a 100,000 seat GrandStand all to yourself.... "I love it", the NIGHT racing is just my favorite..... Its one of the best nights of the year for me.... ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL..... You can see the entire track its totally amazing... With all the new spotting lights on the cars its just incredible.

I've worked every race that Daytona has offered from bikes to NASCAR to the road courses when I was younger.  It was good money at the time.  My brothers and I would stub tickets, check vehicles for people sneaking in or check passes at the paddock.  The best part about stubbing tickets was that 30 minutes to an hour after the races started (except the 24 hour one) we could abandon our posts and go just about anywhere and watch the races.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've worked every race that Daytona has offered from bikes to NASCAR to the road courses when I was younger.  It was good money at the time.  My brothers and I would stub tickets, check vehicles for people sneaking in or check passes at the paddock.  The best part about stubbing tickets was that 30 minutes to an hour after the races started (except the 24 hour one) we could abandon our posts and go just about anywhere and watch the races.

nice gig, huh?  I would think so.  except maybe for traffic, parking & related things.  I've got a friend who used to be an EMT/paramedic type (maybe still is, idk, haven't talked much in a while) who used to work medical support from the infield @ Talladega.  he did that for several years, I think even managing the medical support team.  but that had to be > 15 yrs ago since I last worked with him before moving to MS.

I did have a few occasions to "usher" for rock concerts etc where we did the same thing you did - help a few find their seats until after the show started, then we found an out of the way place to enjoy the show.

54 minutes ago, -js- said:

nice gig, huh?  I would think so.  except maybe for traffic, parking & related things. 

We got there early enough that traffic wasn't an issue and they provided us a place to park.

True story.  I was collecting parking passes at the back gate one year.  The way it worked was that one guy up the road sold the parking and entry passes and when they got to me, I'd collect the passes.  This car rolls up and wanted to get through with no passes.  I wouldn't let them by.  The guy selling the passes ran up and told me to let them by which I did.  Come to find out it was Bill France.  I had no idea who he was at the time.

53 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I wouldn't let them by.  The guy selling the passes ran up and told me to let them by which I did.  Come to find out it was Bill France.  I had no idea who he was at the time.

Not a bad idea considering he built the place.

• Like 1

imo - the mark of a decent individual right there.  he coulda gotten all arrogant, ranting, shouting - "don't you know who I am?!?" & all that, but didn't.  rather - lived on the other side & appreciated your effort.  👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I've worked every race that Daytona has offered from bikes to NASCAR to the road courses

I grew up in Florida too..... I love going to racetracks, "I LOVE IT".... Must have some glorious CAR memories working at that track.... Sounds like you had a good time..

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

it was Bill France.  I had no idea who he was at the time.

:o......No Pass, No Entry, sorry dude, the ticket booth is right over there.....:P

It does show a lot about the man that he didn't just start barking at you...... For some reason most of the really wealthy car and team owners that Ive met throughout the years have always been very kind and respectful.... I never really seek them out, but by chance I run into them... They always seem to be nice......

I was really hoping to see JackieChan this year at Daytona though, never saw him.

11 hours ago, Audio Android said:

I grew up in Florida too..... I love going to racetracks, "I LOVE IT".... Must have some glorious CAR memories working at that track.... Sounds like you had a good time..

:o......No Pass, No Entry, sorry dude, the ticket booth is right over there.....:P

It does show a lot about the man that he didn't just start barking at you...... For some reason most of the really wealthy car and team owners that Ive met throughout the years have always been very kind and respectful.... I never really seek them out, but by chance I run into them... They always seem to be nice......

He was in the back seat with someone else and there were two other guys in the front.  He never said a word.