kp-250 II 2.5D crossover schematic + shrill and gritty

Dave A

OK I have just finished re-capping these crossovers and they sound shrill and somewhat gritty. I have had to guess at the cap values since the two had differing ones on the pair of crossovers. I can find KP-250 crossovers and they are different and made for different mids and tweets so I am back to wondering where to get the right crossover. Basically not one of the KP-250 cap values are used in these KP-250-II's

These do not have the Ti diaphragms in the tweets and the Klipsch specs do not call for them either. Drivers all ohm right and sound good frequency swept so I am left pondering what the problem(s) might be. 

I read differing opinions on things like cap "break in" and sad to say left with all the conflicting info on this topic I have no idea what to believe. I will say that in all other occasions I have done this and the drivers appear to be OK the improvements were immediate and noticeable but not this time. I tend to believe caps work right right away and that I have another problem. Like just what exactly is SUPPOSED to be used in these 2.5D crossovers.