Forte III wood finish

KJH

I received my second pair of Forte III's this week.  My first pair are walnut and the second pair are cherry.  Both are beautiful.  The cherry color is not as light as I expected.  It is the same color as one of the 3 pairs of Heresy III's that I have.  One pair of the H3's is light cherry (same as the F3's) and one is a medium cherry.  (The third pair are lacewood, which is a dark cherry color).  

Unlike earlier generation Klipsch speakers which has an oil finish, these new Forte III's have a hard satin finish.  It is very nice.  It is unlike any other finish I have encountered on furniture.  It seems like it is a sprayed clearcoat but seems to be a lighter viscosity - because the texture of the spray is much finer than the typical poly furniture sprayed finish.  This is a good thing.  The satin finish is quite nice - I am not a fan of glossy finishes.  

As usual, the wood itself on the Forte III's is very nice and the craftsmanship is excellent.  The edges are very precisely done.  Klipsch obviously has this down and really pay attention.  There is absolutely no splintering of the edges, even when examined very closely.  This requires an excellent technique and a very sharp-fine saw blade.  

I am quite pleased with the speakers ------ and of course the sound is superb. 

I purchased this new pair from Cory the Man ----- such an excellent transaction, excellent communications, and fast shipping.  I like that they were drop shipped directly from Hope, on a pallet - so no chance of UPS or Fed Ex dropsie bashing.