Just received The One

wuzzzer

Went with the walnut finish.  Thought it would look better in person than black (it does).

It is slightly narrower than a Heresy and about half as deep.  The sound output is awesome!  I have it sitting on top of one of my Heresy IIs right now, kind of 'corner loaded' and the bass is amazing for the size!  Grilling some steaks as we speak and will bring it out on our patio to enjoy some tunes outside.

I could see this being a great alternative to a sound bar and many other similar applications.

Of course I bought it from @MetropolisLakeOutfitters!

• Like 4

Nice! I've been thinking about trying out the "Three" not sure yet read a review that said it wouldn't play youtube videos (sound) but that must have been operator error? Seems most people are happy with them for what they are.

I wonder how this or The Three would work as a center channel speaker. Since there's no speaker inputs I guess it's a non-starter for that application, eh?

I've been wanting to upgrade from my 250C but I just don't have room for the 450C (or anything larger than the 250C really).

EDIT: I guess with the RCA inputs you could use the center channel preouts on most AVRs but how would the performance sound versus the dedicated center channel speakers?

Edited by JFHSQT

On 7/21/2018 at 6:46 AM, JFHSQT said:

I wonder how this or The Three would work as a center channel speaker. Since there's no speaker inputs I guess it's a non-starter for that application, eh?

I've been wanting to upgrade from my 250C but I just don't have room for the 450C (or anything larger than the 250C really).

EDIT: I guess with the RCA inputs you could use the center channel preouts on most AVRs but how would the performance sound versus the dedicated center channel speakers?

Depends on your main speakers.  The sound is great but in my opinion not the same as a speaker designed for that purpose.

Plus, apparently it has an auto shutoff feature.  If you're listening to it via the provided 3.5mm headphone input it turns itself off after 2 hours.  I don't believe the Bluetooth input does that.  That was the only negative thing I read about The One in reviews.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Depends on your main speakers.  The sound is great but in my opinion not the same as a speaker designed for that purpose.

Plus, apparently it has an auto shutoff feature.  If you're listening to it via the provided 3.5mm headphone input it turns itself off after 2 hours.  I don't believe the Bluetooth input does that.  That was the only negative thing I read about The One in reviews.

I ended up getting the RP-450C over the weekend, and so far so good. I just had to come to grips with the fact I'll have a giant speaker sitting between my TV and console.