Cornwall II vs Chorus II

firo

17 hours ago, firo said:

Ok you guys have made up my mind. OMW to go get some Chorus II's! Thanks!! :)

Keep in mind that the black pair may exist because the initial coating failed inspection at Klipsch and were painted black. The black may be hiding something really desirable and exist as a hardly discernable flaw. Of course, it may not too. Inspect them closely? Take a chance...get both???...sell other pair later?

Keep in mind that the black pair may exist because the initial coating failed inspection at Klipsch and were painted black. The black may be hiding something really desirable and exist as a hardly discernable flaw. Of course, it may not too. Inspect them closely? Take a chance...get both???...sell other pair later?

Damn! I didn’t know that so I guess it doesn’t do any harm. I stripped down my chorus yesterday which were crudely painted black by the previous owner-red oak- I’ve sanded down my Chorus II and they weren’t nearly as red, did they use white oak too? Bc it ended up looking decent with danish walnut oil before I eventually went back to black.
These Chorus are a mess though. I think the person used a primer and black paint and there’s white inside all of the oak grain that I can strip or sand out. I was so upset bc I was going to dye it jet black with a satin finish and I think oak or ash looks awesome black but with the grain filled you won’t see the grain in the light the way it should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

I have had Cornwall 1 and Chorus 2 in this room, just not at the same time. The Chorus 2's were quite bright sounding to me, and all it took was a look at the measured frequency response on the Klipsch website to realize why. The speaker has quite a rising high frequency response. I sold them, and got some Forte 1's upon a suggestion of DJK. I got a far better sound, in my room with the Forte's. I would not want to ever own Chorus 2's again.

• 9 months later...

I have forte I, chorus II and cornwall I, all in the same 18x14ft room. After listening to each of them almost on a daily basis for about 3 months, I kept the chorus II in that room, and moved the other two to different rooms. 

Performed the same test in a 11x15ft room with Heresy II included in the lineup, Heresy won hands down, and forte I was close second.

This is to say that a lot depends on the room size and layout.