Nearly bit the dust...

Coytee

Years ago, I bought some Custom 3 IEM's.  I'm guessing 10-12 years ago??

Got them...liked them....didn't like how the wire kinked but, it was what it was.

Knowing they'd likely blow up someday, I bought a second set.

Over the years....  I wear them essentially every weekend when doing yard work.  I wear them (under 'over-ear' hearing protection muffs) literally every weekend during warm months as I cut the fields on the farm.  I wear them (under my muffs) when using the backhoe.  I've caught the cable, I've snagged them, dropped them.... took them on a 3-week vacation to England, Italy and Turkey.

All the while, I hear complaints about them and just wonder what's going on with people???  Am I treating mine "nicer"???  That can't be possible, I have snagged them way too many times.

Am I just not as picky as someone with the kinked wires?  

So we got recent notice that one of my wife's cousin passed.  Her ashes were going to be spread here on the farm.  This meant that someone (me) had to get some fields cut/prepped.... get some tents put up, tables...as we expected 50/60 people to show.

So I'm outside in field in front of the house.  I've got my IEM's in but....since I "know" my wife will come to the porch & yell something down to me, I had one IEM in my ear and the other, out of my ear, danging in front of me.

In the truck were some stacking chairs that we were going to use for the dinner part (and also ended up using them out in the field where the ashes were spread)....

I picked up the stack and as I held them to the front of my body, they raked the dangling IEM.

Interestingly, it still works fine.

Spent 45 minutes trying to find the tiny cover but...it must have just fallen into the grass (which had just been cut very short)

sigh...

Any thoughts of how to cover this to keep it going or should I just pull out my 10 year old, still unopened in box, backup set??

DSCN7614.JPG