T2A Autotrafo

Tiziano

This is the crossover that I use on heresy, when I took these speakers practically had the mobile destroyed and totally missed the crossover, looking for I arrived here and I saw that this model was given as crossover for Heresy 2 and built it, not having the original autotransformer a friend gave me two T2A to try, and was practically used with the output - 9 dB, but I've never been convinced it was the right thing, so I ask you if you can adapt this T2A on my heresy.

Sorry for my bad English (Google) 715deca89cd09154090da5b6aec5156f.jpg

Inviato dal mio G8141 utilizzando Tapatalk

Tiziano,

First, which Heresies do you have?  Are the horns mounted to the front of the motorboard (front panel) or to the rear side (Heresy I)?  If Heresy 1, use the circuit diagram I posted above and build it according to the black lines.  If that is too bright (too much treble), try changing it according to the red lines.  A Heresy II crossover would not be good in a Heresy I.  All of the drivers are different. 

I do not know what kind of capacitors are available in Italia, but Solen capacitors are made in France and are acceptable and inexpensive. 

If you have Heresy IIs, you will probably be happier just building a -10 dB L-pad to get the squawker to the right dB level.  Finding that 3504 transformer will be tough, even in the US, unless you buy a set of Type E2 crossovers. 

media.nl?id=870&c=650256&h=df7fab69dbd4f

If you can follow this page, it will do your calculations for you.

http://ccs.exl.info/installation/crossovers-installation-tweaking/crossover-calculators/#first

Begin Google Translate
Inizia Google Translate

Tiziano,

Primo, quali eresie hai? Le trombe sono montate sulla parte anteriore del motore (pannello anteriore) o sul lato posteriore (Heresy I)? Se Heresy 1, usa lo schema del circuito che ho postato sopra e lo costruisco secondo le linee nere. Se è troppo luminoso (troppi alti), prova a cambiarlo in base alle linee rosse. Un crossover di Heresy II non sarebbe buono in un'eresia I. Tutti i piloti sono diversi.

Non so quale tipo di condensatore sia disponibile in Italia, ma i condensatori Solen sono fabbricati in Francia e sono accettabili e poco costosi.

Se hai Heresy IIs, probabilmente sarai più contento di costruire solo un L-pad da -10 dB per ottenere lo squawker al livello di dB corretto. Trovando che il trasformatore 3504 sarà duro, anche negli Stati Uniti, a meno che non acquisti un set di crossover di tipo E2.

Se puoi seguire questa pagina, farà i tuoi calcoli per te.

http://ccs.exl.info/installation/crossovers-installation-tweaking/crossover-calculators/#first

I would measure the DC resistance and use that to estimate the actual impedance.  Expect the squawker (midrange) to be 16 ohms and its DCR would be about 12 Ohms.  If you use an L-pad, the crossover will see a 16 ohm squawker instead of the 120 or so ohms it sees now.  You will need to change the 1.5 uF cap to about 12.5. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 4:42 AM, Tiziano said:

I measured the DC resistance and it is 11.3 ohms, so what should I put as an impedance? what capacitor value should I use? Thank you so much if you can help me

The easiest thing to do us put an adjustable L-pad in.   No guessing values, it's cheaper plus if you don't like the ammount of attenuation you don't have to buy more resistors.  The mids were too hot for my liking on my KP-2500s and these were the best solution.  I played with the mid attenuation for several days until I got the sound I liked.  It's hard to do that with fixed value resistors.  Sound quality did not suffer.

20180819_095256.jpg