Reading your fingerprints??

Coytee

So, for work, I have an I-phone 6.  They provide it and have some of their specific apps on it and control every aspect of it (I can't load a non-approved app on it)

It reads my fingerprint to go into a couple of their apps.  I DO have an alpha-numeric password but it's of their choice and a real arcane list of items....  so I've not learned it.

Every now & then (right now for example) my phone will simply ignore my fingerprint, rendering that app useless to me (which happens to be my email and contacts app, they use some Blueberry app for email, not the normal app)

I'm guessing that it's not reading my print because maybe my fingers are dry....  so I moisten them... nothing.  Maybe they're oily so I wash them....nothing.

Later on (might be 10 minutes, might be 2 hours) it works 100% and flawlessly as though nothing ever happened.

Anyone ever experience this and know how to fix it when it happens?  (other than trying to memorize or write down their arcane stipulated password)

??

So, for work, I have an I-phone 6.  They provide it and have some of their specific apps on it and control every aspect of it (I can't load a non-approved app on it)

It reads my fingerprint to go into a couple of their apps.  I DO have an alpha-numeric password but it's of their choice and a real arcane list of items....  so I've not learned it.

Every now & then (right now for example) my phone will simply ignore my fingerprint, rendering that app useless to me (which happens to be my email and contacts app, they use some Blueberry app for email, not the normal app)

I'm guessing that it's not reading my print because maybe my fingers are dry....  so I moisten them... nothing.  Maybe they're oily so I wash them....nothing.

Later on (might be 10 minutes, might be 2 hours) it works 100% and flawlessly as though nothing ever happened.

Anyone ever experience this and know how to fix it when it happens?  (other than trying to memorize or write down their arcane stipulated password)

??

Occasionally it needs code to validate fingerprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coytee said:

??

I have a 6s. That occurs with mine as well at times. I find, if my thumb is wet at all, it doesn't work.  There are times, when I just have to put in the password, though mostly the print scanner works as advertised. 

I always wondered about that. Is the finger clean? Which finger? Which hand? Is it sweaty? Food particles in between the ribs? Sore? Scar? Blood pressure too high causing distortion? Positioning? Life emitting field low or high? Radioactive? Reboot phone? Hacker interference? Phone doesn't love you anymore?

JJK

3 hours ago, Coytee said:

So it's not a finger issue as much as it might be a reader issue?

Well, it might have issues if you try to use the phone while eating barbecued ribs or fried chicken.  It does not seem to read well through a layer of grease and or sauce. 😀