Unboxing 70th's...

Schu

Guest wdecho

Nice looking Shu. The crossover is much different from the AA's of old. I would love to see the schematic of it but of course it is not published. Waiting on listening review. 

Wow, just absolutely gorgeous. Do play & enjoy them as much as you possibly can. Just be careful to not jeopardizing important relationships &/or source of income.

Thank you for sharing pictures. Wishing you many years of enjoyment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Guest wdecho
5 hours ago, jvs1670 said:

Looks like a work of art, even the older ones look killer. 

I agree, the other pair you are comparing the new ones too are just as nice in their own way. From a wood working hobbyist.  

Nice photo essay Schu!  👍  That was fun to go through the pics the way you laid them out.  I know that's a lot of work and took a lot of time to take pictures that way.

I believe that is the first time anybody has ever laid out the pictures side-by-side between LS II's and the 70 Anniversary edition.  Those both look great.

• Like 1

I agree.....beautiful!!!!

As said, BOTH sets are beautiful!!!!

I was holding my breath a bit during the unveiling.....  waiting for the next picture to be a "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" comment as some form of damage was discovered.  Great to see it all landed safe.

• Like 1

Guest wdecho
9 hours ago, Schu said:

to be honest, the two speakers shouldn't sound different... but they do, ever so slightly. perhaps that little resistor removed caused just enough of a change to make the speaker balance different, or perhaps there is a slightly different MDF formula (I don't know why there would be, but you can see the MDF texture has a finer grain in the 70th's) but the 70's seem less aggressive and less forward and resonant... smoother and more balanced, though ever so slightly.

I can listen to them louder and for a longer period WITHOUT feeling assaulted. (maybe its a new speaker/driver difference). There may have also been a phase issue before.

Just little changes in a crossover can make a big difference, it is the brain of a speaker system. As far as different grain in the MDF it should only effect the bottom end and not the rest of the spectrum. What is there not to like about your new speakers, they are new big horn speakers. I would be thrilled to own a pair. 

By the way beautiful room and setup. 

9 hours ago, Schu said:

to be honest, the two speakers shouldn't sound different... but they do, ever so slightly. perhaps that little resistor removed caused just enough of a change to make the speaker balance different, or perhaps there is a slightly different MDF formula (I don't know why there would be, but you can see the MDF texture has a finer grain in the 70th's) but the 70's seem less aggressive and less forward and resonant... smoother and more balanced, though ever so slightly.

I can listen to them louder and for a longer period WITHOUT feeling assaulted. (maybe its a new speaker/driver difference). There may have also been a phase issue before.

Are you saying those are pictures of supposedly two matching La Scala II crossovers?  I would be asking Klipsch to replace one so they match.  That resistor will make a difference.

For the cost new, I would want matched and dialed in.

As for looks, a killer set up. 

Guest wdecho

Above the crossover pictures is the words walnut , 70ths. Different set of speakers showing difference. Common mistake I make all the time. Not sure why just one resistor was omitted if the resistor was an attenuation one in conjunction with the larger 100 ohm one. Interesting. No way to know or understand without some reverse engineering of the crossovers.