Wondering about this ebay listing for "Rosewood" Khorns

jimjimbo

If the owner of these is on this forum, I mean no disrespect.

The title of this listing says:  Klipsch Klipschorn corner-horn speakers, PAIR, Rare ROSEWOOD

The tags on each state KC-BR

Part of the description states "Rosewood finish"

Would these have been finished at the factory, or by the owner??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Klipschorn-corner-horn-speakers-PAIR-Rare-ROSEWOOD-Circa1975-Vintage/273367476408?hash=item3fa5f8a8b8%3Ag%3ApyAAAOSw8RxbRsMS&_sop=10&_sacat=183077&_nkw=klipsch&_from=R40&rt=nc

I'm confused and needing some clarification please. Not long ago I posted and ad (regarding a great deal on Khorns) that I saw on Ebay. Soon afterward, someone made a comment that it wasn't for sale by "a private individual within the forum" and my message was deleted. What gives? I see these ads come and go which to me, is a good thing. I mean hey, if we're showing each other interesting subject matter and potentially good deals why not?

Since that happened I've followed the stated rule and let a fantastic deal on a pair of Lascala's slip by without posting due to the Forum Rule. I comb the internet via Tempest quite often. I sometimes wish I was able to pass the good deals on to fellow Klipsch enthusiasts without breaking "the rules". 

• Like 1

If they were BR (birch raw), then I don't see how they could have been factory original RO (or RL?).  Is it just me, but aren't there a couple of things a little off?  Yes, the veneer looks book-matched, but not as dramatic and remarkable a grain as I remember, and not quite as dramatically symmetrical as I recall seeing in other pics of the real thing.  

The other thing is, the proportions of the collar insert and adjoining panels just above and below look slightly wrong and non-original.  The panels maybe a little too thick and the insert itself being very slightly too wide.  Such things might be expected if someone tried to turn a BR into a type B and only came "pretty close."

It seems I red the Rules one time Tony but I don't recall reading that particular rule. Maybe that's a new rule. Maybe that rule just applies to certain members? Youthman is a member from Fla. that used to post items for sale here often but I don't pay attention to those posts anymore. Others post similar listings here too, usually in the Alerts section, as previously mentioned. I wouldn't worry it. You're a valuable member here. Remember that.

Keith