Need advice on buying a samsung s7 or s8

RoboKlipsch

Ive got a dinosaur of a phone, an s4 and am ready to upgrade.

Its been too long since i got a phone and im old enough now not to be in tune with all the trends.

I need some help....is an s7 good...or do i want an 8?  Dont really care all that much about features.  Email phone web pandora mostly cover it.  

Any auggestions on where to buy? new or refurbed?  Tips....pitfalls to avoid?

Thank you in advance.

Rk

I had an s7 edge and it failed.   I sent it back to Samsung TWICE.   Do not buy a refurbished phone unless you get it straight from the manufacturer with warranty.   They are very sophisticated.   I have a galaxy s8 plus now and love it.   No issues, very fast, excellent battery life.   If you can find one new for a great price, which you should be able to, get that if the savings are much better of the s9.   My 2 cents.  S8 or s8 plus is very stable with excellent battery life.    

I have the S8 and 9+ both are excellent phones out of the two you mentioned I would get the S8. Be advised that Sammy is about to release the Note 9 in August so you might find a good deal on a note 8 which in my opinion trumps the S8. Look on swappa.com to get an idea of going prices.

I have an S6 active, still working great. Our company can get the S7 for $ .99, with only a 12 month contract.

All 'smart phones' come unlocked. There are some settings to edit if you change to another carrier, or they won't work correctly, but they don't like to tell you that.

I did learn the reason behind making the battery no longer replaceable was to earn a IP68 rating for water ingress protection and not just to make the phone obsolete quicker.

Interesting that currently an S8 is very close in cost to a S9. I realize there is not much difference but why buy a year older phone for the same cost.

Hoping the S9 price will lower even further when the new Note9 debuts on August 9. If so, I may look into it.

There's just not that much difference between them... get either.

In no other piece of equipment is it viewed as so necessary to buy something new every 2 or 3 years...  it's ridiculous.

If I had to buy a new AVR every three years for 600-1000$ I'd never own a HT set up.

10 hours ago, Schu said:

There's just not that much difference between them... get either.

In no other piece of equipment is it viewed as so necessary to buy something new every 2 or 3 years...  it's ridiculous.

If I had to buy a new AVR every three years for 600-1000$ I'd never own a HT set up.

You know I agree with you but don't overlook the fact that in three years these AVR units are obsolete.

JJK