Adcom 555se

4 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

What good is a bargain if you can't stand to listen to it?

Seriously though, I compared the Adcom to a B&K SS amp I had at the time and much preferred my amp. They were very close in price at that time. We are talking mid 90s.

I said in an earlier post, since you obviously missed it, 

like you said, everyone likes what they like.  thats fine if you dont like adcom, was just saying the vast majority of owners dolike them based on reviews out there.  i agree, many other brand amps may sound better in some ways regardless of price point. 

i didn't miss your comment about cant go wrong for $350, thats kind of what i was saying... for the price, they are pretty good amps.  & with a "decent" preamp they will sound better than the AVR he was using.   

Adcom INMHO makes some very good pieces.  IE THE GFP 750 Pre with passive and active gain is one of the best preamps I haver ever heard or owned.  The current 555se, 565SE, etc. are all  99% based on based on Nelson Pass's original designs with updated circuit boards, etc.

Regards,

John

I have had a lot of different amps......the ones I decided to keep.

Adcom/McIntosh/Sansui/...and for now Sunfire....all solid state

I consider my Adcoms to be workhorses.......nothing fancy like my Mac....but still keepers.

There is nothing wrong with not liking them.......just a matter of preference

George