Birch Super Heresy speakers for sale - Price reduced

jimjimbo

Birch pair still available – Please read everything below so that you are aware of each configuration and what is included with each pair.

Photos of each pair are in subsequent posts.  

The “Super Heresy”

These are the speakers that lots of folks on the forum and on Facebook have been talking about, but most don’t have the time, cabinets or components to build.  Now’s your chance to acquire a pair of these awesome modified Heresy I’s that were originally researched and designed by our friend ClaudeJ1.

I am not building these to turn a profit.   The overall cost of the materials is high, but worthwhile.   I am building so that others can experience the outstanding design that ClaudeJ1 spent a lot of time putting together.  Over the last few years, I have acquired parts and cabinets that allow me to do this, and make them available to others to enjoy.

The photos have been taken to show the cabinetry and to gauge interest.

When I receive the orders for these, I will populate them with components.

These two sets are walnut oil, which I have refinished, or a stained raw birch, which I believe has a lacquer finish.  I did not refinish the lacquer pair.  Both are very nice, not perfect, but very nice.

I had exact duplicates of the rear panels cut from half inch Baltic birch, so you will receive the new rear panels configured for this build, plus the original panel, should you ever want to revert to a regular Heresy (which is very unlikely, but you never know…)

All cabinetry joints have been sealed and reinforced with strong adhesive.

EACH PAIR HAS EXCELLENT GRILLS WITH LASER BADGES AS SHOWN IN PHOTOS

Each pair has new 5 way binding posts on the rear panel

I will ship these, but that will be the responsibility of the buyer.  Located in the South Bend, IN area.

These will be posted here on the forum, as well as on the Klipsch Owner Classified Facebook page.

Please PM me with interest and questions.

Here’s the original thread:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/150280-super-heresy-1-baby-cornwalls-mod/&/topic/150280-heretical-heresy-1-mod-baby-cornwalls/?hl= super heresy

Walnut :

Cabinets stamped with Serial #s 52S231, and 52S232 (MFG Date 1978)

Top of the line K55V SOLDER TERMINAL DUAL PHASE PLUG mid drivers.  Heavy cast K-700 horns.  New driver to horn gaskets.

New Crites CT-125 Tweeters

Eminence heavy cast basket K42 woofer

Excellent quality crossover components with ClarityCaps in all positions, a new Erse 2.5mH woofer inductor, and configured to the type B crossover configuration that is required for this build.

Cabinet lined with acoustic eggcrate foam as called for in the design.  Rear ports installed as called for in the design, installed with Liquid Nails, and sealed with pure silicone.

Original rear panel included.

This pair - $995 plus shipping.  Shipping is estimated to be approx. $150 to anywhere in the USA.  If it is less, I will refund of course.

Stained Birch :

Cabinets stamped with Serial #s 102U523, and 102U524  (MFG. Date 1980)

Top of the line K55V SOLDER TERMINAL DUAL PHASE PLUG mid drivers.  Heavy cast K-700 horns.  New driver to horn gaskets.

Klipsch K-77M square magnet tweeters

Klipsch  K42 woofer

Excellent quality crossover components with ClarityCaps in all positions, a new Erse 2.5mH woofer inductor, and configured to the type B crossover configuration that is required for this build.

Cabinet lined with acoustic eggcrate foam as called for in the design.  Rear ports installed as called for in the design, installed with Liquid Nails, and sealed with pure silicone.

Original rear panel included

This pair - $795 plus shipping.  Shipping is estimated to be approx. $300 to anywhere in the USA.  If it is less, I will refund of course.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...