SOLD tops of La Scala, k401, PD-5VH, CT-125, A4500

No.4

22 hours ago, iaRIVR said:

Congrats!  Chiming in to say those look incredible, I love how they make the speaker components a visible statement.  You should post more pics!

Thank you! I definitely did not want to hide that fact that these were horns. All the lines and curves that make up the different horns are visually appealing. I did not want to hide the mechanics of the design.

Got my portion of the goodies today. Well packaged, thanks No 4. I had no idea you were that close. Got here quick.

I hooked up one mid and one tweat in the top half of my LSi splits. (I was a little concerned the tweater's magnet wouldn't fit.) All good!

I figured they were getting bored with the 4.5 watts you were powering them with, so I pumped a couple hundred watts through them and they sang.

May have to do the other side tomorrow.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 6:48 PM, No.4 said:

For sale is the tops of my diy La Scala. Everything in the picture is included. K401 with Atlas PD-5VH drivers. Crites CT-125 tweeters and Crites A4500 networks. The k401 comes with the baffles. They are 3/4 MDF finished with tung oiled walnut veneer. The CT-125s also come with the baffles. If I recall these are made from poplar and walnut veneer. The base that the tweeter baffle attaches to was repurposed so you would have to build new. You can cut small boards and screw up through the bottom.

the drivers and networks have only been driven with a 4.5 watt parks clementine. I would not get rid of these but my wife thinks I am hoarding electronics parts.

everything is in perfect condition.

I would like to sell it as a whole lot. If after a while there is only interest in parts I will consider splitting. Or I will continue to hoard and sell somthing else!

New price

SOLD

will trade for a pair of audio nirvana super 15 alnico.

buyer pays actual shipping, preferably to the lower 48.

Thanks

00698BFC-490E-4723-8CE1-30A28B0756AB.jpeg

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/180735-audio-nirvana-classic-15-alnico-full-range-drivers/

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 10:10 AM, No.4 said:

@codewritinfool and @Hornographic

Pleas be be sure to post some pictures of your projects.

Pleasure to meet you, @No.4. We appreciated the Pony Express-style delivery.

Roger on the pix. I plan to do a breadboard layout for my DIY LS's with your 401's and drivers I got from @codewritinfool -- just to verify before construction begins. Pix will start there.

Happy holidays and all like that.

• Like 1

Sorry I missed the StL get together!

Not a very exciting picture but here is an inside view of the new (to me) Crites 125 in its new home inside my splits. Cant get a good pic of the mid but it is in there and  doing a fine job replacing the blown K55V. I have only done one side so far and like what I hear. I'll take more pics on the other one.

tweet2.thumb.jpg.6be7fe9e963a1a49745fd2e5ef7cddc8.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Sorry I missed the StL get together!

Not a very exciting picture but here is an inside view of the new (to me) Crites 125 in its new home inside my splits. Cant get a good pic of the mid but it is in there and  doing a fine job replacing the blown K55V. I have only done one side so far and like what I hear. I'll take more pics on the other one.

tweet2.thumb.jpg.6be7fe9e963a1a49745fd2e5ef7cddc8.jpg

You got lucky, that thing barely fits.