Transcendent Masterpiece 300B Pre-amp

joessportster

Any one built one of these, using 1 ?

https://www.transcendentsound.com/masterpiece.html

There is a built 1 for sale on another forum, price seems a bit high but I dont know how hard it is to build ? I have a pic of the sellers work maybe someone with experience can chime in about the appearance of the work and alert me of any issues etc...

1a.PNG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MyOwn said:

I've built and still have Bruce's GG and SOB...Joe you won't be dissapointed...

My, MacMini running Channel D Pure Music out analog to the GG to the SOB out RF7ii's is sublime....The pudding is in Bruce's head and delivered through his products.

I know you are right I really wanted the Masterpiece but there is no way I can solder it up. Hell I have a hard time cutting a straight line on wood projects now days my hands will not cooperate shake continually and get much worse anytime I try and concentrate, put effort into anything tedious. My right hand is usable but the left can actually get violent so I can not hold solder and the iron at the same time.  My patience is not at a state of trying to teach someone to help..........I am good for short periods ESPECIALLY when you know the helper has no real interest in the project and there effort is obviously forced ................... I went ahead with the TRUTH Pre-amp by Ed Schillig or Hornshoppe fame............It does a fine job as well

I spoke with Ed (He is friends with Bruce) He assured me I would love either Pre and offers a return on his TRUTH so i took that route and found the TRUTH does fine in my setup

I am giving serious consideration to Bruces Phono Pre but must wait on funds, somebody hates me though I just lost a 400.00 tractor starter now :(  

• Like 1

This idea would add more to the cost...There are folks on Bruce's forum that will solder up his kits for you, at a cost for their labor.

I don't know Bruce or Ed personally but after one reads a forum over time, one figures out who knows their Chit...both Bruce and Ed know their Chit.