Soundbar?

tom b. 57

I don't watch the TV much, but the Samsung flat screen I bought awhile back has to have the crappiest audio I have ever experienced in a TV.

I am not interested in doing a home theater thing just some decent audio.

So my question is, Soundbar, yes or no?

I am tired of not hearing unless I turn the volume way up, and even then the quality is poor.

I know I'm not going deaf because I have not had to crank up the stereo to new levels.

Any recommendations?

Tom

19 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

RSB-11.  

Thank you for your recommendation. 

Unfortunately when I did some research into cost, it is a little more than I am willing to spend.

I think less than $300 is about where I am at and $250 or less would even be better.

20 minutes ago, Emile said:

Sorry, but think most of these soundbars are a waste of money.  Assume you have an AVR ... buy 3 decent speakers and hook them up as a 3.1.

Cheers, Emile

Just want something to sit below or in front of TV on stand, that can give me better sound for TV programming, sports, news, occasional sitcom. 

I have my Sunfire Ultimate Receiver hooked up to DVD player and Cornwall for music and movies.

39 minutes ago, tom b. 57 said:

Thank you for your recommendation. 

Unfortunately when I did some research into cost, it is a little more than I am willing to spend.

I think less than $300 is about where I am at and $250 or less would even be better.

You need to watch Craigslist.

Look for a receiver that has an optical input on Craigslist.  You should be able to pick up a nice Denon or similar for under $100 if it is non-HDMI.  I have a Denon AVR 3305 that is in perfect shape. 

Then keep your eye's posted for a 5.1 Quintet setup.  You should be able to get one with a subwoofer for $200 or less in great shape.  

• 3 weeks later...