Dug Up A Whole Folder From '06 Pilg!

I'm trying to remember if I was at this one?!?!? :)

i can probably piece it together if this was the year, you @richieb and your wife had the BMW bike and were caught in a huge rain storm.

I remember fini had a lot of his family with him and I saw him in a picture or two so I must've been there.

IB_Slammin (Terry) had the tunes cranked too loud so I didn't spend much time in the Farm ;)

Thanks

JJ

-^^^^ Yep Tail of the Dragon. From Chat take 64 which will turn into 129, 129 is the Dragon. Robbinsville NC is the start at the south. Deals Gap is part of the Dragon on 129 where we stayed at cool little place that is great for looking/talking bikes. Where it ends or the "tail and the mouth"? Depends on your point of entry but the actual Dragon is only about 12 or 13 miles but lots of curves, lots of curves. Not many sweepers but 1st and 2nd gear turns rule. I heard it has become Much more congested and patrolled since we were there. 

• Moderators

Thanks for the pictures, I never had any, I remember someone rebuilding crossovers in the kitchen about 1 am.

Was a very good Pilgrimage year for me, Treys daughter picked my name to win some Cornwalls. And the late Daddy Dee won some Rf-7's, I think he gave to his son or daughter ? And Fini and family was there.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 2:33 PM, Coytee said:

Which is like 15/20 miles from my home...

A bit of a rhetorical question....  isn't called the Tail of the Dragon???

If so....where's the mouth?!!

The mouth is "Gravity Cavity"......it will gobble you up!

On 7/25/2018 at 9:58 AM, kaiser SET say said:

I'm thinking Seadog was explaining relativity to me here, obviously have had a beer or 16!

IMG_0040.JPG

No telling what we were discussing, but I do recall that you gave me a Rickie Lee Jones LP that evening.  Thanks again! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:16 AM, kaiser SET say said:

All I know is I should have been drinking what ever it was JW and IB had in those big styro cups:o

Sweethearts;-).bmp

We may have had too much to drink....if there is such a thing.  That is one ugly shirt I have on.

image.png.578f2ce2026a051bd1ffa7ddb67ff42d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:47 PM, dtel said:

Thanks for the pictures, I never had any, I remember someone rebuilding crossovers in the kitchen about 1 am.

Was a very good Pilgrimage year for me, Treys daughter picked my name to win some Cornwalls. And the late Daddy Dee won some Rf-7's, I think he gave to his son or daughter ? And Fini and family was there.

One of my favorite too

"""The Big Room, I believe IB was driving the DBB's with those massive SS Naks over on the right?"""

Luxman monoblocked

Merlin Pre

Castle Networks

The original dbb's.

expensive sound blankets.....lol

all-kindsa-awesome.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:53 PM, DoubleJ said:

I'm trying to remember if I was at this one?!?!? :)

i can probably piece it together if this was the year, you @richieb and your wife had the BMW bike and were caught in a huge rain storm.

I remember fini had a lot of his family with him and I saw him in a picture or two so I must've been there.

IB_Slammin (Terry) had the tunes cranked too loud so I didn't spend much time in the Farm ;)

Thanks

Well....  JWC and I had consulted on the concept for over a year I think.  A shape that would hide the 12cf in a corner, networks to accommodate the second woofer etc.  He built them and I had never heard them. 

It was only natural I wanted to run them up a bit. :P  Dr.Who was working on the outdoor system and walked past the door with an SPL meter that read 130db as I recall.:o

A year or so later he drove 13 hrs. in a cargo van to bring the cabinets to me.  WOW!

The DBB's are in my LR today.

They have undergone many changes over the years as to mids, tweets, and networks. (K400's. K510's, Altec 511b"s and Mark 1101 had K402's on his. 

ALK designed an ESN circuit for the LF.  I sent a truckload of parts to JWC and he built the final networks. (with my touch of a lumberjack they would have been on a 4x8 sheet of plywood) Thank you so much!  I wish I could post a pix of them. They are a work of art to my eye.

I think that I am finally finished because they sound exactly the way I want them to.

Crites cast woofers

Daves 280htz wooden Trax mid horn / Altec 902-16A driver

JBL 2404 tweeter

tc

• Moderators
On 7/25/2018 at 9:35 AM, kaiser SET say said:

So posting my Las I discovered I had a whole heaping folder from the '06 Pilg that I can't find on/in this area and possibly some got lost over the forum upgrades so here they are and feel free to comment or correct me if memory of photos have failed me, pleading an old 5th on this one:rolleyes: In no particular order but great shots of just how great the camaraderie is on one of the best forum's I've been associated with:D I'd like to start with a tribute photo of the man who has brought so much pleasure to our lives via his love for musical reproduction:emotion-21: This is a shot of an original art piece done by Seti's good friend Mr. Byron Werner. To see the piece up close and realize it was totally done with little pieces of wrapping paper is testament to Mr. Werner's skill and artful eye!

Werner PWK.jpg

That's some awesome stuff you posted there.