Picked up an older Rockford Fosgate RFP-2000 High Current home amp

avguytx

10 hours ago, Smitherean said:

I have the RF2000 amplifier and used to own the pre-amp.  This one doesn't  have the rack mounting nor the "pro" Mic. type inputs.  It works ok and I'm using it in bridged mono mode.   There is some static sound heard when output is low.  Anybody have a service manual connection to share.  I think it is a problem with the RCA inputs...thanks.

There is next to no info and definitely no service manuals to speak of for these.  What you find online is pretty much it.  I have a schematic for one and some very basic info I can attach I think.  What worked for me was replacing all of the smaller electrolytic caps on the main board and power supply board and I left the two large ones alone.  Some of the caps you won't be able to find so you just step them up slightly in voltage and capacitance an call it good.  Once these finally quit working or the MOSFET's fail, they'll make pretty decoration I guess.  I hardly use mine since I have the new Onkyo Reference amp and my Carver M-1.0t amp.

""""Punch 45, 75 and 150's""""

I had all of those in an 82 monte carlo.  Fosgate subs.  Alpine speakers and deck.  Alpine multidisc changer in the trunk.    Great times

The back seat was A Treat.  2 15" Fosgate Punch subs firing through the back seat.   I removed all fire protection material and some of the back seat foam material.  Baddest bass I ever had.

The Alpine deck was the top of the line at the time and had dbx.

That would have been the Alpine 7347 if you are talkin mid to late 80's.  Nice cassette deck.  I ran a Nakamichi TD-700 with the Alpine 3015 Computer Equalizer in that time frame with a pair of Alpine 3502 amplifiers. 

1260298936_Alpine7347.jpg.8ca8c71fa4558e35925c8c092ede07be.jpg

Wow, that pic brings back memories.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 2/5/2020 at 7:57 AM, Frzninvt said:

That would have been the Alpine 7347 if you are talkin mid to late 80's. 

Yep.  That is it.  Had that one for two years of high school and 8 years of college.    

• 3 weeks later...

Do not know how much of the Rockford home gear was inspired by Acoustat. Rockford purchased them and moved the operation from Florida. The Acoustat TNT-200 and TNT-400 were high current amplifiers for driving the low efficiency and low impedance electrostatic speakers they were known for. 

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 9:29 PM, thomasgulbrandson said:

Anybody interested in selling RF2000 amp? Looking!

On 7/3/2021 at 2:31 PM, HawgLife said:

Any of you still have them rf 2000 amps?

I guess I failed to turn notifications on for this thread.

On 9/5/2019 at 8:13 PM, avguytx said:

Replaced most all of the small electrolytic on the power supply board and main board over the last few days. I didn't replace the two 42,000uf PS caps though.  Most all of the caps were 15 to 20% over spec but there were a couple that didn't even read on my Fluke. That would explain why one channel had kind of worked and the other was noisy. 

Bottom line, amp is hooked up and working. :)

20190905_200347-1024x576.jpg

Oh yours looks different than mine. I believe yours was before mine. I am the original owner of mine. And would like at least 1 more. 

Just now, HawgLife said:

Oh yours looks different than mine. I believe yours was before mine. I am the original owner of mine. And would like at least 1 more. 

Yes, mine is the rack mount version.  Last summer, there was a guy on e b a y that was selling "new old stock RF faceplates" for these amps so I bought one.  When I received it, it was just the faceplate with NO silk screening on it like the pictures showed.  I was bummed.  lol

8 minutes ago, HawgLife said:

I'm trying to post pictures to my system. Been a while since I been on a forum. My pictures are over 2 MB from my phone. Give me a second. You'll like my system.

If you're on your phone, there's a good app called Photo & Picture Resizer.  If on a PC, MS Paint works well.