Dolby Atmos Speakers Advice

Vinylshack

Hi, so recently I decided to change my bookshelf speakers and came across Klipsch and got a pair of R-28F speakers, I was seriously happy with them so then invested in a Rp440c center and RP250S surrounds. I'm now considering buying some dolby atoms speakers R14SA or similar, my question is, I don't really want to put them on the sides as already have speaker cable going everywhere, and as you can see from the picture, my left front speaker is under a staircase so don't think the atmos speaker would work efficiently, so was maybe thinking of putting them on the tv unit either side of the centre.  Does anybody have any experience with that placement? Would it mess up the surround field? Or any other advice on placement.

IMG_2987.JPG

Edited by Vinylshack

I used the 14sa speakers briefly and returned them. I didn’t get much in the way of reflective sound with 11 foot ceilings. I’m guessing with your room configuration you won’t get much either. You can always give them a try and return them if they don’t work for you. 

The reflective sound is one of my concerns, for the money I need to invest in something that will work even if I move house, may I ask what you got after sending the 14sa's back?

My RP250s speakers just arrived so still working out a good position for them before drilling holes in the wall.  

Just trying to figure out a way of doing 7.1 without my walls looking like a bike scene from Tron 🙂