Klipsch stadium unresponsive.Appriciate help.

McBul

Any luck, anyone? I have the same problem. Must the wifi-connection need to work for the cable connection to work? I basically need the optical cable connection to work. Wifi or Bluetooth is not that important for me.

Edited by Kristine

• 5 months later...
On 8/6/2021 at 2:03 PM, Kristine said:

Any luck, anyone? I have the same problem. Must the wifi-connection need to work for the cable connection to work? I basically need the optical cable connection to work. Wifi or Bluetooth is not that important for me.

Hi,

Short answer: No.

But I guess you just have to try.

I've had my Klipsch Stadium for 2 years. Bluetooth audio lags 200 ms or so. Useless for audio/video.. I had to reset to unit a few times to make it display the firmware page, so I could set up wifi. It was a bit nerve wrecking. It turned out Wifi performed worse than BT. Then I remembered I had a few long, active USB cables and a little Dragonfly USB DAC... that is the way to go!

Bluetooth audio was a "nice to have" when having friends over. At some point this feature just stopped working (maybe after a power out - I don't know), and Wifi LED is now blinking orange (I've covered it with black tape for a year...) It appears to pair with BT devices, but speaker stays quiet. Wifi LED is always blinking orange, when cycling through 3 sound inputs. LED is supposed to change to blue color when Bluetooth is active, I believe.

Fortunately, RCA cabled input works just fine. I do not dare to reset the unit as I'm afraid to brick it. I love the Stadium... If it stopped working I would have to spend a lot of money achieving that concert like feeling in my 500 sqft living room (and I'd have to redecorate it too).

Best of luck.

P.S. I considered buying a second hand Stadium for a family member - a unit that had the same blinking orange led error - but we weren't able to make it play using RCA input.

• 4 months later...

Got the fix!!!

Ive been trying several fixes but non actually worked. I found out that connecting a smart plug to the Klipsh Stadium fixes the problem. 

Whenever i want to use the Stadium, i just turn it on with Homekit and then connect thru BT. No need to press any button at all! Has been working 100% of the times so far :).

So happy of having my Stadium back! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 8:45 PM, diego_va said:

Got the fix!!!

Ive been trying several fixes but non actually worked. I found out that connecting a smart plug to the Klipsh Stadium fixes the problem. 

Whenever i want to use the Stadium, i just turn it on with Homekit and then connect thru BT. No need to press any button at all! Has been working 100% of the times so far :).

So happy of having my Stadium back! 

I also purchased a HomeKit smart plug. Unfortunately for me it didn’t help. The Stadium shows the exact same fast blinking orange light using the smart plug as when connected to any other socket.

My theory is that maybe your unit hasn’t completely failed yet. In the early days of my Stadium the orange blinking light problem would sometimes go away - this was also related to power cycling. Sometimes unplugging it, leaving it for an hour or so, and plugging it back in would fix it, and other times it wouldn’t.

My guess is that your unit is currently still in ‘that’ state (power cycling sometimes fixes it) and that’s why connecting it to the smart plug seems to have fixed it.

However for your sake I hope you’re wrong and that this fixes the problem permanently for you!