Lambs wool grill cloth for my Heresy III's?

3 hours ago, TFR1 said:

This is what I purchased for my refurbished Cornwall's. Expensive, but looks great!

The only problem I had was getting all the wrinkles out before I mounted it on the boards.

https://www.123stitch.com/item/Wichelt-18-Ct-Lambswool-Linen-Needlework-Fabric-36x55/59-135

image.png

How did you get the wrinkles out?

Also, how did you mount?...hot glue?

Thx!

The piece I bought was 36x55. The seller folded it up to fit into a large shipping envelope. I could not believe how terrible it looked.

After several failed attempts to get the wrinkles out, I gave up and took it to the laundry that does my shirts. I had cut the material into two pieces a little larger than finished size.  They flattened my fabric while I watched. Only took a few minutes.

I have used Hot Glue for lots of stuff, but am not always happy with the end product. 

I used contact cement for this project. It is easy to apply and clamp one side at a time. I ended up with a flat surface instead of the lumps I always get with hot glue. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

Is it acoustically transparent?  My audio dealer said that "acoustically transparent" is like "clean coal."  Nevertheless, I got some (not Lamb's wool) at an online dealer (I forget which; Google it).  It reduces the top octave by about 2 dB, as I recall.   Audyssey fixed that handily.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 4:00 AM, TFR1 said:

This is what I purchased for my refurbished Cornwall's. Expensive, but looks great!

The only problem I had was getting all the wrinkles out before I mounted it on the boards.

https://www.123stitch.com/item/Wichelt-18-Ct-Lambswool-Linen-Needlework-Fabric-36x55/59-135

image.png

I too ordered this exact same cloth and talked to them prior to purchasing, In 123stitch's defense, they said that this particular cloth comes shipped to them already folded and that a careful ironing or steaming should take the wrinkles out.  Cannot hear any sonic difference between this 18 count lambswool and the factory speaker grill cloth.  There is a slight difference between grill on and off obviously.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

Duracrest Fabrics in Elk Grove Village Illinois has made the Klipsch cloth since the early 80"s.  I have been toying with having my forte II done in lambswool as well.

Address: 2474 Delta Ln, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

Regards,
John

Awesome! Thx!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, McBlueMeter said:

Awesome! Thx!

Your welcome.  They will apply for you or you can do yourself.  Since they are local for me thinking of dropping off grills late next week.  Quoted me about $100.00 That is fabric installed and badges put back on.  Exact fabric as forte III lambs wool since they are the supplier.

Regards,

John 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

Your welcome.  They will apply for you or you can do yourself.  Since they are local for me thinking of dropping off grills late next week.  Quoted me about $100.00 That is fabric installed and badges put back on.  Exact fabric as forte III lambs wool since they are the supplier.

Regards,

John 

They Quoted you $100 with badges??  Wow.

I guess different sizes get different quotes..but..i mean the Chorus II is not THAT much bigger than the Forte II.  I was quoted $150 for lambswool and $125 for silver 70th anniversary - and he noted i can get pie badges at $20 each-not a pair.  I'd be looking at well over $200 after shipping my grill frames there and back.

11 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

They Quoted you $100 with badges??  Wow.

I guess different sizes get different quotes..but..i mean the Chorus II is not THAT much bigger than the Forte II.  I was quoted $150 for lambswool and $125 for silver 70th anniversary - and he noted i can get pie badges at $20 each-not a pair.  I'd be looking at well over $200 after shipping my grill frames there and back.

The around $100/-- quote included re-using my original badges which are mint.

Regards,

John

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:50 AM, pzannucci said:

Unfortunately I've never ever seen 100% "acoustically transparent" as sold.  If you are lucky you can voice the speaker with the grill on to offset the effects some.

My solution to the grill on/off issue

g4.jpg

• Like 1