WTB. SET 45 stereo or monos, Anyone ?

joessportster

I know someone has a 45 amp or a pair of mono's setting gathering dust :(  Please allow me to breath new Life into them :)  I have been watching the usual haunts for awhile now with no luck so thought why not ask here and see...................I am using a single driver  at 96 efficiency and the 45 would be PERFECT, I can pay or perhaps I have something you are looking for to trade  Lets talk

Joe 

23 minutes ago, joessportster said:

I know someone has a 45 amp or a pair of mono's setting gathering dust :(  Please allow me to breath new Life into them :)  I have been watching the usual haunts for awhile now with no luck so thought why not ask here and see...................I am using a single driver  at 96 efficiency and the 45 would be PERFECT, I can pay or perhaps I have something you are looking for to trade  Lets talk

Joe 

This looks interesting. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2A3-45-SE-Stereo-Tube-Amp-Singled-Ended-hand-built-Amplifier-6SL7-5Y3/323285247553?hash=item4b454d6641%3Ag%3AgT0AAOSwUZNauxvc&_sacat=0&_nkw=45+tube+amp&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0|0

• Like 1

Apples to Oranges my friend. I have had a couple pairs of VRD's over the years and they are superb amps in there area of expertise. But I am looking for the 45 Single End Triode for a reason.  (also I can no longer afford VRD's, being on a fixed income :()  I currently Have a tube PP and and like it very much very full sound with solid authoritative bass Mids are liquid and highs are very nice. I also Have the 300B SET amps they sound very good as well more refinement. The 45 tube is / was just my Favorite SET amp for years before injury forced sell of everything I owned. I am in no hurry I would like to find a Korneff 45, Burgess 45, or Welborne monos something of that ilk. I am not hurting In fact just the opposite I have absolutely no reason for wanting another amp other than nostalgia. The options I have in house perform wonderfully

I do appreciate the offer, Craigs amps are great

2 hours ago, Schu said:

have ANY interest in VRD's?

Hey I know someone looking for a push pull with around 50 / 60 WPC, Shoot me your price a pic and your contact and I will get in touch with him, If he likes the idea I will give him your contact info, He just demo'ed my Dynaco st70 and liked sound but wanted more power. VRD should be straight up his alley. He has the $$$ if he wwill come off it :) 

Joe

I think somewhere $2.2k or so plus the cost of shipping is pretty fair for an upgraded pair... 

I'd love to keep them, and probably will if they do not sell because they have already been amortized, but if they went to a good appreciative home that wouldn't be such a bad thing

35540609126_e3e96529a7_k.jpg

35192475400_374c896e60_k.jpg

41298127241_3d550b7296_k.jpg

35540606726_84d76a6e0a_k.jpg

More pictures are available.

41 minutes ago, captmobley said:

I sent you 2 pm's.

Responded

I will let you know something tomorrow SCHU

Oh if I were only made of $$$$$$$$$$$$$, I would buy the VRD's myself...........................Could I get my VA Loan for audio Equipment. Since my departure from the service in 1989 I have yet to take advantage of a single veterans benefit I wonder........................(Setting here scratching my head)

16 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Might an Amps and Sound "Bigger Ben" fit the request?

Sorry I am trying to get back to a 45 set.

8 hours ago, canyonman said:

In my opinion this is the one you want for sure!!!

I spoke with the seller of the Korneff Clone He also has a DeJaVu 45 he is selling. I am currently in discussions with 2 forum members concerning Welborne, and Cary 45's

If those fall through I will revisit the Korneff, I had an actual Korneff  several years ago, which I enjoyed but was in a permanent upgrade mode and foolishly let it go