FS:Mcintosh 1900, Dynaco A25s in St. Louis

sheltie dave

It is time to sell a few pieces of extra gear I have, and can’t justify hanging on to without using.

First is an extremely solid McIntosh 1900 with a very intact L19 walnut case. Both are a solid 7.5, with very minor blemishes. All controls work well, all lights work, one channel had static about nine years ago, but a visit to Alpha Tech(an authorized Mc repair center at that time) in St. Louis took care of that issue, and it benched out meeting all specs. Clear signal outputs on AM, FM, phono, and cd run through tape inputs. The only quibbles I see are

- the receiver pan lock was never installed, and then lost by the original owner

- the black inset cap is missing on the volume knob

- the tuner alinment is shifted right by about 0.3 on the FM dial. KSHE 94.7 comes in at approx. 95, and KLUE 103.3 is about 103.6, and stations not perfectly aligned never bothered me.

Price is $750 without the case, $900 with the case.

The Dynaco A25s have the normal scratches and minor bruises from 45 years of use, and have been used both on side and standing upright. The Irish linen grilles have no pills or tears, but they are missing the badges and are not consecutive serials. I have mainly used them in the living room system with the Citation II driving them, and they sound smooth and sweet throughout all volumes with the Blue Note and 1960s jazz we spin.

Price is $200

Both these pieces are living room quality.

I am willing to travel to central Illinois(or Chicago next weekend), and most of Missouri to assist in delivery for consideration.

Thanks, Dave

314-651-9396

EE2700F3-92DA-4C6E-8BC6-8B0A6C29E4C9.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Baron, shipping the receiver is no problem, but I would prefer to keep the case if that is ok with you. I have shipped Macs and know how to build up the corner crush zones, and removing the knobs as to not break the faceplate glass in the event of getting tossed.

Give me a ring after 5:30 central time if you can at 314-651-9396. 

Thanks, Dave