Altec Voice of the Theater Seattle area

K5SS

Once you hear a set of them setup in the right environment you will be in amazed of the detail and depth and power and impact of the speakers
but most the time people set them up in the
Wrong room that is way too small for them and they cannot breath and operate properly to their full potential
They where and are ahead of their time

Almost bought a veneered pair a couple of months ago ... they were "gone" when I got to the seller. They made several different models ... think those are the A7's.  Some specs here ...

https://www.cnet.com/products/altec-lansing-a7-the-voice-of-the-theatre-speaker/specs/ 

https://greatplainsaudio.com/altec-lansing-library/altec-lansing-voice-theatre-vott/ 

Looked at the listing ... not sure if they are original or home build copies.  Also ... no clue, but think $3500 is way too much. The pair I was looking at (original, pristine and oak veneered) sold for $2800.

• Like 1

Hmm I guess I did alright then when I bought the parts for one of these the other day for $250. 808 8A horn drivers in great shape cabinet needs some work but not bad woofers need reconing but all said and done I will have maybe $600 in them when done. I like that cabinet around the horn too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1