Sold-1976 Klipschorns

AudioNB

Vintage 1976 Klipschorns in very good condition for sale-$1950.  KC-BR models, consecutive serial numbers, 9P489, 9P490, well maintained by current owner since 2008, 2nd owner overall.  Needing to sell because current home doesn't have adequate space.  Features the amazing sound that you expect from Klipschorns, all original parts, K-33 Woofer, K-55 Midrange, K-77 Tweeter, AA Crossover Network.  Cabinets are in very good condition, Walnut finish on front/top, original unstained Birch in back.  Mechanics recently inspected by prominent sound engineer (mentioned often in this forum) and the speakers received strong approval as is, as well as options for system updates if the next owner is interested. 

If interested-send PM, and I will respond as soon as I can.

Located in Richmond, VA, local pick up only. 

New to the forum, but love what I've seen so far. Would really like these Klipschorns to go to someone who can appreciate them, so I thought I'd start here!

KS full back small.jpg

KS system small.jpg

KS Front angle.jpg

KS Serial small.jpg

• Like 6

Having owned 4 pairs of Klipschorns over the years, two vintages stand out to my ears and this pair falls into one of the categories. If anyone out there has wondered what the Klipschorn "sound" is all about, this pair checks all the boxes. I am not affiliated with the sale in any way, but if the cabinet condition is as nice as the photos, this purchase is a no brainer. Whoever purchases these, please post your thoughts!

Jeff

• Thanks 1

• AudioNB changed the title to 1976 Klipschorns-Price Reduced-$1750

Thanks for the great response everyone, wanted to let you all know of the new price of $1750 in case you know of anyone interested!  It's going up on Craigslist and Ebay soon, but wanted to notify the community of the reduced price first.  These are amazing speakers, so I hope they go to a good home.

Located in Richmond, VA

49 minutes ago, AudioNB said:

Thanks for the great response everyone, wanted to let you all know of the new price of $1750 in case you know of anyone interested!  It's going up on Craigslist and Ebay soon, but wanted to notify the community of the reduced price first.  These are amazing speakers, so I hope they go to a good home.

Located in Richmond, VA

If you don't mind a little selling advice, I have some suggestions which may help.

They haven't even been listed here for a week yet and that's a pretty short time for a big ticket item.  They were listed Monday and today is Friday.  I would expect it would take 2-4 weeks to get top dollar.

So unless you are forced to sell fast, be a little patient.  Even though you are asking fair market value, $1950 is still pretty good money for most of us.  Your Khorns are in good shape and you are asking a reasonable price.  At the reduced price $1750 they should sell in short order.

Give @Shakeydeal a little time to contact his buddy.  You guys can communicate via the PM function from this forum.  IMO the safest option when selling Klipsch speakers is through the Klipsch forum.  Somebody like Shakey who has 900 posts is not a scammer who comes and goes.  It sounds like he might be able to help in your sale.

Should this fall through Craigslist is a viable option and there are no Ebay-type fees to pay.  I would list them at $2200 because the way of CL is to low ball the Seller.  This gives you some wiggle room for negotiation and you can sell at the price point at which you feel comfortable.

Go Ebay last.  I am not an experienced Ebay Seller but my understanding is you will pay about a 25% premium in fees.  If you have to go this route I suggest you list a BIN price of $2500 and leave an option for "Make an offer."  Again, take the offer you think you can live with.

GLWYS

• AudioNB changed the title to Sold-1976 Klipschorns