Sold-1976 Klipschorns

AudioNB

Like shakey, I wish I had waited.... I spent what the seller is asking on a pair that were in worse cosmetic condition, the crossovers were corroded, they needed new tweeters and had mismatched woofers. Essentially I bought cabinets and rebuilt all the electronics and components. They do sound great now:) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

If you don't mind a little selling advice, I have some suggestions which may help.

They haven't even been listed here for a week yet and that's a pretty short time for a big ticket item.  They were listed Monday and today is Friday.  I would expect it would take 2-4 weeks to get top dollar.

So unless you are forced to sell fast, be a little patient.  Even though you are asking fair market value, $1950 is still pretty good money for most of us.  Your Khorns are in good shape and you are asking a reasonable price.  At the reduced price $1750 they should sell in short order.

Give @Shakeydeal a little time to contact his buddy.  You guys can communicate via the PM function from this forum.  IMO the safest option when selling Klipsch speakers is through the Klipsch forum.  Somebody like Shakey who has 900 posts is not a scammer who comes and goes.  It sounds like he might be able to help in your sale.

Should this fall through Craigslist is a viable option and there are no Ebay-type fees to pay.  I would list them at $2200 because the way of CL is to low ball the Seller.  This gives you some wiggle room for negotiation and you can sell at the price point at which you feel comfortable.

Go Ebay last.  I am not an experienced Ebay Seller but my understanding is you will pay about a 25% premium in fees.  If you have to go this route I suggest you list a BIN price of $2500 and leave an option for "Make an offer."  Again, take the offer you think you can live with.

GLWYS

Much appreciated wvu80-all good advice! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

Just sent you a PM in case things don’t work out with Shakey’s buddy. I live in NC and can come to you. I think between either Shakey or me these things are probably sold. 

My friend is going to pass. Excellent deal though, good luck.

Shakey

4 minutes ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

Ha ha! Nice! I was kinda asking for it. 

But to be fair, most of the forum posts I see on here are guys running 25 wpc or greater into their Klipschorns. I’m confident my 8 wpc will do the trick, but I was putting out feelers for any feedback from more experienced forum members. If I’m going to have issues with this system being underpowered, it’s better to know now. 

I’ve got a van lined up, a helper to assist with the lifting and packing, I’m selling my Cornwalls to fund this upgrade, and it 7 hours round trip. I’m really just searching for validation that I’m not going to show up and hate the mating of my amp and these speakers. 

3-5 watts is more than you need...

and if you want to shake the walls..

8-12 watts..  And make angry neighbors... With a follow up with the police .. 16-30 watts will get it done..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

Going to pick these up tomorrow. I’ve got a mini van, 6 moving blankets, 4 ratchet straps, and some cheap thin foam board.

Any recommendations on packing/moving these things 200 miles? I can pick up more supplies if I need. Any help would be appreciated! Wish me luck!

Fantastic, congrats on your pick up!   :emotion-19:  I loved mine.  Wife Approval Factor forced sale.  :(

The Khorns weigh 175 pounds each.  The top hat is removable from the bass bin by four bolts.  I think they are wing nuts, and take a screwdriver to unscrew the wires if you remove the top hat.

Two people can move/scoot a Khorn with some care.  Once you get to a carpet or wood floor put them on a large towel like a beach towel and pull.  They will scoot pretty easy.

Take some cardboard.  When you get them to your van you will tip them, then lift and scoot.  The cardboard is for the van when you tip them.  If you are on the road and have to find some cardboard Lowes always has lots of large cardboard free for the asking.  Sams Club too, just smaller pieces.

You might also take several pillows in addition to the moving blankets, although the thick moving blankets are probably enough.  I doubt you'll need the ratchet straps.

Good luck on your road trip.  :emotion-21:

On 8/5/2018 at 8:33 PM, GrapplesInStereo said:

Ha ha! Nice! I was kinda asking for it. 

But to be fair, most of the forum posts I see on here are guys running 25 wpc or greater into their Klipschorns. I’m confident my 8 wpc will do the trick, but I was putting out feelers for any feedback from more experienced forum members. If I’m going to have issues with this system being underpowered, it’s better to know now. 

I’ve got a van lined up, a helper to assist with the lifting and packing, I’m selling my Cornwalls to fund this upgrade, and it 7 hours round trip. I’m really just searching for validation that I’m not going to show up and hate the mating of my amp and these speakers. 

Are they home yet ?

9 hours ago, wvu80 said:

You might also take several pillows in addition to the moving blankets, although the thick moving blankets are probably enough. 

57 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Are they home yet ?

Just give yourself a couple days in the van and your body will adjust and you'll be able to sleep better.  The wife will eventually cave and let you back in the house!  Patience is a virtue! Enjoy man and welcome to the Forum! 😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

@GrapplesInStereo if you think about it, could you take some pictures of the Khorns in your mini-van?  I think forum members would be interested in how well they fit, and in what orientation.

Yea, please do!  I wanna see how your lil nest looks in there w/those Khorns!  (He's gonna burst my bubble and tell me he's single,  Watch!)

• AudioNB changed the title to Sold-1976 Klipschorns