Super Cornwall 1.0

ClaudeJ1

1 hour ago, Outrider 6 said:

Saibaba… Did you look at any of the Faitalpro drivers for the Cornwall upgrade?  They have several that might be suitable for the Super Cornwall.

The 15PR400 comes in 4 ohm and 8 ohm, covers 35 Hz to 4kHz, and has 100dB sensitivity. They are expensive here ($270 each), but could be cheaper in Italy since Faitalpro is based in Milan.  I think this model is closest to the 4 ohm Eminence that’s out of production.

Good idea, but it's too late, he's already committed a lot of $$$ to the AE solution.

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Good idea, but it's too late, he's already committed a lot of $$$ to the AE solution.

Thanks for the reply.  I should have realized from the earlier posts that he had picked out his woofer.  Perhaps the Faitalpro recommendation will help others now that the 4 ohm Kappalite is out of production and is hard to find.

I happened upon this thread via the Super Heresy 1.0 and 2.0 threads.  It seemed logical that the big speaker could get the same sort of love.  I recently became a Cornwall owner courtesy of an unexpected opportunity to pick up a Cornwall-Heresy HT system.  I’m surprised by how much I like the Cornwalls.  They have a presence that the (as yet unmodified) Heresies can’t quite match.  

56 minutes ago, Outrider 6 said:

Thanks for the reply.  I should have realized from the earlier posts that he had picked out his woofer.  Perhaps the Faitalpro recommendation will help others now that the 4 ohm Kappalite is out of production and is hard to find.

I happened upon this thread via the Super Heresy 1.0 and 2.0 threads.  It seemed logical that the big speaker could get the same sort of love.  I recently became a Cornwall owner courtesy of an unexpected opportunity to pick up a Cornwall-Heresy HT system.  I’m surprised by how much I like the Cornwalls.  They have a presence that the (as yet unmodified) Heresies can’t quite match.  

The super Heresy comes closer to a Cornwall, except for the last 15-20 Hz. down below. On the flip side, the Heresy is the most Phase Coherent of the Heritage speakers, if that counts for you.

The bi-amp version with the AE driver will be killer once it's all balanced for the room it's in (with Corner Loading), digging down into the high 20's Bass Wise, without sacrificing the Mids too much.

On 9/2/2018 at 7:03 AM, jjptkd said:

I'm using a modified type "B" crossover basically stock with all new parts but changed the mid cap from a 4 to a 6.2 to lower the crossover point to 500hz best I could come up with based on stock values and Crites recommendation for the original Cornscala which was 7 for 400hz I believe. 

I like this mid cap change.

Edited by Jomac60