Any one else running a Technics SL1200G?

jwgorman

On 8/14/2018 at 9:00 PM, Marvel said:

I picked up two SL1200MkII tables from a pawn shop, and amazingly, they both work fine. Sold one and the little mixer that came with them for my total cost of $350. So I got an SL1200MkII for $350.

I finally cleaned it up and bought an Ortofon Red, and it is very, very nice for the price. The first few hours it was awful, but all of a sudden all was good. My table came with no cover, but that's ok... I will get one some day.

@BernardLVH  What do you do in Shenzhen? My wife taught in Nanchang for eight years, so we passed through Shenzhen quite a few times.

Bruce

Teach as well. And often visit the HiFi and electronics heaven that is called HuaQiangBei in Shenzhen. They even half the big old Western Electrics for sale here.

4 hours ago, BernardLVH said:

They even half the big old Western Electrics for sale here. 

Ah, nice... I'm going to be doing a tour of the new Western Electric plant here, just south of Chattanooga, TN. Hopefully the end of August or beginning of Sept. New 300B tubes on original tooling.

Would love to visit China again.

Bruce