AVR settings 
(Options) Tone control] {bass} 3.5
(Options) Tone control] {Sub trim} 3.5
EXTRA BASS TURNED OFF
monoral x 2

ROOM
3220 CFT.
carpet
floor base: wood framed ( room on main level of house)
location: one subwoofer on each side wall about a third of the way towards front of room

VERDICT:
Excellent! 
These subs are built with HDF and weigh 98.5lbs each. Impressed with the construction and feel of these things. Packaging was very good and double boxed. Adjustment on the back of sub are pretty much straightforward. Making adjustments on my AVR was necessary to get them where I wanted them. tweaking the levels on the AVR options and sub gain made a big difference in subwoofer output. . Bass is super tight, clean and very punchy. exactly what I was looking for. Not sure how much the sound path feet contributed to this. I would not call my self a bass-head. I don't need or want everything in the room to shake and move ( it shouldn't the way I had it built). The subs performed as i was hoping they would. No chuffing no after rumble, bass starts and stops exactly when it should. These things really slam when needed with zero effort. 

I am sure I will still be tweaking here and there. but I can live with the results I have now for sure. curious to see after a break in period how they perform. 

THE BAD
The sub feet that come with subwoofer are just crazy small. they seem to overbuild everything else but not the feet. not a deal breaker for sure

front grill: doesn't seem to go in very easily. just be careful and line up holes and gently push into each section. again, not a deal breaker.

M2.jpg

M1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, teaman said:

That looks like one helluva sub!

they are pretty beefy, especially for 12 inch subs. I almost went with the 15's but I'm very content with these.  I was originally going to go with the SVS PB-2000s- but my curiosity got the better of me and after reading some great reviews on the Monoliths and I just had to see for myself. They didn't let me down. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kman said:

they are pretty beefy, especially for 12 inch subs. I almost went with the 15's but I'm very content with these.  I was originally going to go with the SVS PB-2000s- but my curiosity got the better of me and after reading some great reviews on the Monoliths and I just had to see for myself. They didn't let me down. 

They look a lot like the SVS subs and so far all of the Monolith gear has been reviewed favorably. I hope you find it's final resting spot first time around, nothing like a sub crawl with a 100 lb sub!

well I didn't have a lot of options for placement. had the room set up for either front left and right corner or left and right side walls. the sides give me a smoother bass response overall without sacrificing the slam. Keeps the bass punchy and accurate without any boominess. I also like having the options of plugging both ports if needed, gives me a bit more flexibility in how it sounds and performs.  It is quite a task getting subwoofers to behave like we want them in our own rooms. So much tweaking. but once its done, its done!

• Like 1

These Monilith subs are sending waves across the subwoofer forums, especially the 15. 

It seems the value and performance ratio is inline with SVS was about 8 years ago, which is a very good thing for us consumers! 

12 hours ago, K5SS said:

These Monilith subs are sending waves across the subwoofer forums, especially the 15. 

It seems the value and performance ratio is inline with SVS was about 8 years ago, which is a very good thing for us consumers! 

true- I guess thats why the 10 and 12's have been sold out and won't be back in stock until September. They must have underestimated their popularity and didn't make enough of them.  the 15's are still available though. Of course their performance speaks for itself. Takes everything you throw at them with ease. 

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/monoprice-monolith-12-and-15-thx-ultra-subwoofers-review

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kalifornian said:

So I'm looking at dual HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP but these seem super nice...I'm guessing dual 12" wont be as nice as the HSU 15"??

HSU makes great subs no doubt. always gets good reviews. If you are going with dual 15's you should be more than satisfied I would think. Of course the price jumps up some. really depends on your room size, location and personal preference. are you a huge bass head? some guys love it when everything in the neighborhood rattles, regardless.. Me I like a smooth, accurate, punchy, slam bass. One of the reasons I moved the subs to the side walls and went with duals. I'm sure you would be happy with either or. here is some reading material.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/2973756-hsu-vtf-3-mk5-hp-vs-monoprice-monolith-12-a.html

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/2961040-800-900-diy-18-vs-hsu-vtf-3-mk5-vs-monolith-12-a.html

sq.ft? or cubic ft. 10,000 sq. ft is like one massive house! 

if cubic ft. its still a big room. could easily go dual 15.s- even 18's. PSA, JTR I believe both make 18" subs. Now your talking much more money though. 

Are you also keeping the Dayton subs? That is a massive room and I think even 2 15’s would get lost but if you had the 2 new 15’s and dual Dayton 12’s, you might get away with it. 

That is a nice budget in most rooms, just not a room as cavernous as that one:)