Monoprice Monolith 12" Subwoofer

Kman

22 hours ago, Kalifornian said:

34ish'x34ish'x10' with two hallways and one bedroom door.  Its an "open concept" house...dual dayton HF15 with crown amp is decent but want more....and dont want DIY anymore...

When you say you don't want DIY anymore, what is your thinking here?  Is the sound OK?  Do you want a commercial sub with a built-in amp so you don't have to run an external amp?  In other words are you looking for better sound or better aesthetics?  Both?

And for your ~$2000 budget (mentioned in a subsequent post) is that for one sub or two?  Will you run dual subs?

Could keep my dual dayton and crown amp BUT I am neither patient enough nor apparently smart enough to figure out mini DSP and multiple sub tweaking.  My Marantz SR7012 only has dual sub out for EQ so Im thinking ID or store bought subs so as to avoid manual calibration.  I realize im going to have to compromise somewhere as the room is less than optimal and my budget and placement options prevents me from getting it perfect...

• 2 years later...

Hi KMan, great to hear you're happy with the Monolith 12's. I'm considering getting 2 of these for my home office, but am very space limited for one location. Is there any chance you could post the vertical height of the cabinet, without feet?

I've got a clearance of 578mm in the slot these are supposed to go into, and the listed height in the manual is 580. I'm hoping this includes the little feet, so I can win back some clearance by removing them.

Anything you could do to help would be very much appreciated, as I just can't seem to find an answer to this question anywhere.

Thanks!

Marc