Anyone seen the latest Jeff Beck/Paul Rodgers/Ann Wilson tour?

jimjimbo

10 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I'm going.  Got a great ticket, 15th row center stage.  Have read some terrific reviews elsewhere.

Saw them 5 days ago at DTE Theater. Great show, there's actually a 4th act, opening for Anne. It's John Bonham's (of Led Zeppelin) younger sister with a lone guitar player. She sounds as intense as Janis Joplin on her last of 3 numbers. Anne Wilson is one of the best female voices in Rock and she nailed all her songs. I will be buying her album in Sept. Paul Rogers still has the same voice, both he and Anne are 68. But "the Guvna" Jeff Beck, even at 74 has no peers in the guitar world. 50% of the crowd is always guitar players and they were not disappointed. Vinnie Colaiuta was the best I've ever heard him for this show, simply astounding along with Bassist Rhonda Smith during her solo. Jeff still get more sounds out of a Fender Stratocaster than anyone in the world and never disappoints. They didn't deviate much from the setlist but there were a few surprises.

Anne Wilson Set List 

1.             The Real Me(The Who cover)

2.             Barracuda(Heart song)

3.             Fool No More

4.             I've Seen All Good People(Yes cover)

5.             She Talks to Angels(The Black Crowes cover)

6.             I Am The Highway

7.             You Don't Own Me(Lesley Gore cover)

8.             Life in the Fast Lane(Eagles cover)

9.             For What It's Worth(Buffalo Springfield cover)

10.          Love, Reign O'er Me

Paul Rogers set list

1.             Little Bit of Love

2.             Can't Get Enough(Bad Company song)

3.             Wishing Well(Free song)

4.             Feel Like Makin' Love(Bad Company song)

5.             My Brother Jake(Free song)

6.             Ready for Love(Mott the Hoople cover)

7.             Walk in My Shadow(Free song)

8.             Mr. Big(Free song)

9.             The Stealer(Free song)

10.          Woman(Free song)

11.          Fire and Water(Free song)

12.          Shooting Star(Bad Company song)

13.          Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy(Bad Company song)

14.          All Right Now(Free song)

JEFF BECK Set List 

1.             Pull It

2.             Stratus(Billy Cobham cover)

3.             Nadia(Nitin Sawhney cover)

4.             You Know You Know(Mahavishnu Orchestra cover)

5.             Morning Dew(Bonnie Dobson cover)

6.             I Have to Laugh(Otis Rush cover)

7.             Lonnie on the Move(Lonnie Mack cover)

8.             Mná na h-Éireann(The Chieftains cover)

9.             Just for fun

10.          Little Wing(The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover)

11.          Big Block

12.          Cause We Ended as Lovers

13.          You Never Know

14.          Brush with the Blues

15.          Superstition(Stevie Wonder cover)

16.          A Day in the Life(The Beatles cover)

17.          You Shook Me(Willie Dixon cover)

18.          Going Down

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I'll be there! I'm sitting just in front of you, section B, 10th row. The weather is supposed to be nice, high of 84, down to 65 that night. 

These three have been at the top of their game for a long time, I'll bet it will be a good show. The only one I haven't seen yet is Jeff Beck.....can't wait 😀

Never seen Jeff Beck? Wow, this is the 7th time for me since BBA in early 70's. He never ceases to AMAZE. I have pretty much everything he's ever recorded and there's nothing he can't play. Rockabilly, Rock, Fusion Jazz, Ballads, Beatles, nasty noises from another planet from a Strat. You'll be talking about for months after!!! Bring a Lobster bib. LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Saw them 5 days ago at DTE Theater. Great show, there's actually a 4th act, opening for Anne. It's John Bonham's (of Led Zeppelin) younger sister with a lone guitar player. She sounds as intense as Janis Joplin on her last of 3 numbers. Anne Wilson is one of the best female voices in Rock and she nailed all her songs. I will be buying her album in Sept. Paul Rogers still has the same voice, both he and Anne are 68. But "the Guvna" Jeff Beck, even at 74 has no peers in the guitar world. 50% of the crowd is always guitar players and they were not disappointed. Vinnie Colaiuta was the best I've ever heard him for this show, simply astounding along with Bassist Rhonda Smith during her solo. Jeff still get more sounds out of a Fender Stratocaster than anyone in the world and never disappoints. They didn't deviate much from the setlist but there were a few surprises.

Anne Wilson Set List 

1.             The Real Me(The Who cover)

2.             Barracuda(Heart song)

3.             Fool No More

4.             I've Seen All Good People(Yes cover)

5.             She Talks to Angels(The Black Crowes cover)

6.             I Am The Highway

7.             You Don't Own Me(Lesley Gore cover)

8.             Life in the Fast Lane(Eagles cover)

9.             For What It's Worth(Buffalo Springfield cover)

10.          Love, Reign O'er Me

Paul Rogers set list

1.             Little Bit of Love

2.             Can't Get Enough(Bad Company song)

3.             Wishing Well(Free song)

4.             Feel Like Makin' Love(Bad Company song)

5.             My Brother Jake(Free song)

6.             Ready for Love(Mott the Hoople cover)

7.             Walk in My Shadow(Free song)

8.             Mr. Big(Free song)

9.             The Stealer(Free song)

10.          Woman(Free song)

11.          Fire and Water(Free song)

12.          Shooting Star(Bad Company song)

13.          Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy(Bad Company song)

14.          All Right Now(Free song)

JEFF BECK Set List 

1.             Pull It

2.             Stratus(Billy Cobham cover)

3.             Nadia(Nitin Sawhney cover)

4.             You Know You Know(Mahavishnu Orchestra cover)

5.             Morning Dew(Bonnie Dobson cover)

6.             I Have to Laugh(Otis Rush cover)

7.             Lonnie on the Move(Lonnie Mack cover)

8.             Mná na h-Éireann(The Chieftains cover)

9.             Just for fun

10.          Little Wing(The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover)

11.          Big Block

12.          Cause We Ended as Lovers

13.          You Never Know

14.          Brush with the Blues

15.          Superstition(Stevie Wonder cover)

16.          A Day in the Life(The Beatles cover)

17.          You Shook Me(Willie Dixon cover)

18.          Going Down

A nice mix  thanks for posting. Glad you had, or made the opportunities to see Beck. Over here, we are under a rock. Going to have to see a concert. About due...would be unreal. Thanks!

Great night just outside of Indy......  Weather was perfect, great venue with good acoustics.  Met up with Davis who lives locally, had a couple of drinks before the show, then settled in for the next 4 hours.  Well, to say that Jeff Beck "stole the show" is an understatement.  I was very surprised that he didn't close it out.  Honestly, although of course all of the others are professionals.....their sets could not even come close to Jeff.   Vinnie Colaiuta, Jeff's drummer for many years was absolutely awesome.  They all played the sets that Claude mentioned earlier.  Davis and I had a great time, and had the pleasure of finally meeting up with Ceptorman and his lovely wife at the end of the night.  Will post a couple of photos later on.  

@Davis

@Ceptorman

@ClaudeJ1

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Great night just outside of Indy......  Weather was perfect, great venue with good acoustics.  Met up with Davis who lives locally, had a couple of drinks before the show, then settled in for the next 4 hours.  Well, to say that Jeff Beck "stole the show" is an understatement.  I was very surprised that he didn't close it out.  Honestly, although of course all of the others are professionals.....their sets could not even come close to Jeff.   Vinnie Colaiuta, Jeff's drummer for many years was absolutely awesome.  They all played the sets that Claude mentioned earlier.  Davis and I had a great time, and had the pleasure of finally meeting up with Ceptorman and his lovely wife at the end of the night.  Will post a couple of photos later on.  

@Davis

@Ceptorman

@ClaudeJ1

Hey Jimbo....it was nice to finally meet you and Davis, Davis and I were in the same row.

It was an awesome show. Ann Wilson can still belt out the tunes, her bass player was very good. Paul Rodgers still has it, his voice isn't quite as strong as it was, but still very good. And you're right, Jeff Beck stole the show! I can't believe the sounds her can create with a guitar, and played the whole show with no guitar changes. All in all a great evening. My Dad always said don't count out the older folks, these three performers have a combined age of 211 😀

It was a nice treat to have a 4th act, John Bonham's daughter Deborah, she has a very nice voice, and did well.

A few photos....really hard to take decent pics with an iPhone amid all of the changing lighting on stage....they won't allow any other types of cameras, otherwise, I would have taken my Canon.  Davis is in the burnt orange shirt. One shot of Ann Wilson and her band, the rest of Jeff.  As you can see, we both had very good seats....

IMG_5173 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5174 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5178 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5179 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5185 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5189 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5190 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5191 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5193 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5194 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5196 (Medium).JPG

• Like 3

Jeff Beck was killer, I received the blu-ray Live From the Hollywood Bowl for Christmas so I had an idea how good it was going to be, but even then I was blown away.

The sound system there was a little better than mine.

I had seen this thread but never read it or noticed that @jimjimbohad started it.

For some reason I finally read it about 1:00pm Friday, so ok I wonder when the concert is?

Looked it up and found it was that evening.

Oh wow, so I shot Jim a text to see if he wanted to meet up before hand, I still had no intentions of going.

Come to find out Jim was just leaving and asked me if I was going. So i looked on Stub Hub and found some good seats for some great prices.

The problem was finding someone who would just sell me one ticket. Guess some people would rather eat 6 tickets then sell just one.

Then I managed to lock myself out of my Stub Hub account since i tried to many times with the wrong password. Just great, I didnt think I was now going to get to go.

So at 3:15pm I bought my ticket.

I got back with Jim and we made plans.

As I was leaving work I realized there was no way I could make it home and back to meet up in the amount of time I had.

So I stopped at Cabellas and bought a pair of shorts and a shirt off the clearance rack as it was 90 degrees and my work clothes was not going to cut it.

I typically would not have gone to a concert by myself but since my ticket was in the same section as Jim, and who would have ever thought @Ceptorman would be in the same row.

I am so glad I went, I had a great time and I always enjoy Jim's company.

It was nice to finally meet Ceptorman, we had talked about it but just never made it happen yet, we have many things in common.

Jim your pics are much better than mine.

As you can tell from the first pic we were a couple of VIP players. 😎

So to all of you, go out and enjoy live music and live life to the fullest.

I cant wait to do it again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davis said:

Jeff Beck was killer, I received the blu-ray Live From the Hollywood Bowl for Christmas so I had an idea how good it was going to be, but even then I was blown away.

The sound system there was a little better than mine.

I had seen this thread but never read it or noticed that @jimjimbohad started it.

For some reason I finally read it about 1:00pm Friday, so ok I wonder when the concert is?

Looked it up and found it was that evening.

Oh wow, so I shot Jim a text to see if he wanted to meet up before hand, I still had no intentions of going.

Come to find out Jim was just leaving and asked me if I was going. So i looked on Stub Hub and found some good seats for some great prices.

The problem was finding someone who would just sell me one ticket. Guess some people would rather eat 6 tickets then sell just one.

Then I managed to lock myself out of my Stub Hub account since i tried to many times with the wrong password. Just great, I didnt think I was now going to get to go.

So at 3:15pm I bought my ticket.

I got back with Jim and we made plans.

As I was leaving work I realized there was no way I could make it home and back to meet up in the amount of time I had.

So I stopped at Cabellas and bought a pair of shorts and a shirt off the clearance rack as it was 90 degrees and my work clothes was not going to cut it.

I typically would not have gone to a concert by myself but since my ticket was in the same section as Jim, and who would have ever thought @Ceptorman would be in the same row.

I am so glad I went, I had a great time and I always enjoy Jim's company.

It was nice to finally meet Ceptorman, we had talked about it but just never made it happen yet, we have many things in common.

Jim your pics are much better than mine.

As you can tell from the first pic we were a couple of VIP players. 😎

So to all of you, go out and enjoy live music and live life to the fullest.

I cant wait to do it again.

Great to finally meet. That's a great story, all the stars were aligned for you to pull that off.