FS- McIntosh MX110 tuner/pre

ACM

I am selling my McIntosh MX110. It was purchased from Tom Manley at McIntoshaudio.com in 2008 (by previous owner, not me) and was gone over by Terry DeWick to meet all original specs at that time. Power cord has been replaced with a newer 2 prong cord, and I can see some newer caps and resistors under the chassis,  I'm not an electronics tech by any stretch so, beyond the obvious, I can not say what work was performed by Terry. 

This MX110 tuner/pre is the rarely seen X model, made between the M and the Z. From what I've read, the X model has the updates of the Z, minus the panlocs and newer style faceplate. More importantly, it retains the 2 sets of outputs from the M model. This is perfect for connecting a powered sub or headphone amp. All functions are working perfectly, all display lights, including tuning indicator, work as they should, no cracks in the glass, bubbles, etc. Overall, very nice. One small scratch on faceplate next to tuning knob on the right, as seen in pics. All tubes are high quality, made in USA, Great Britain, or Germany. I do have a very nice slant leg L12 McIntosh cabinet, available separately, if interested. I'm pretty sure I have a complete set of backup tubes that will be included. I will ship it in a new Audio Classics box. Also available for pickup/audition in Fayetteville Arkansas.

I am asking $1500 plus shipping. 

IMG_2734.JPG

IMG_2735.JPG

IMG_2736.JPG

IMG_2737.JPG

IMG_2754.JPG

IMG_2755.JPG

IMG_2756.JPG

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Just logged on here and was surprised to see a message. Yes, that MX110 sold. Actually, I missed it enough to acquire another and that one isn’t going anywhere. I do have an MX113 that was given the full service by Audio Classics a couple of years ago that I may sell. I have an Audio Classics box to ship it in. If interested, send me a PM. 

• Like 1

While collecting early mc tube gear, over the years l learned to ask, even it seems to be silly. Sometimes the most unlikely happens. Thanks for the MX113, but its the MX110 with the wide end caps and the rotary knob for balance which is still missing in my collection.