Help finding a fuse mount for Heresy speakers?

I acquired some Heresy speakers type H-SM? Which had been working until recently. One speaker stopped working and I thought it may be the fuse (easy fix). When I pulled the cap and tried to replace the fuse I noticed the metal cap is stuck in the fuse mount....anyone know where I could track down a new/used fuse mount? I am a complete novice when it comes to these speakers but they sounded great and I hope this gets them back in working condition. 

Thank you you in advance! 

3221A7AA-793C-4031-B6E6-3906EC2DF907.jpeg

Must be HIP? (H One Professional). Don't believe consumer Heresies have fuses.

You should be able to dig that fuse head out without tearing up the cap and then buy another fuse Take the old fuse with you because on one of its fuse heads will be the fuse type and size. If you can get a drill bit that is just slightly bigger in dia than the fuse head and turn it by hand, not with anything powered, the fuse head may begin turning inside the cap. Once it starts turning inside the cap it may become loose enough to finally fall out. Keep in mind tho that may not be the problem. Need to look at your connections really closely.

How about a very small amount  of superglue on the glass end, insert, and wait a few hours for it to cure  Maybe even put it on the inside of the tube so it can't contaminate the holder.  Let it move by gravity to the fuse cap. -

Odd thought.  You could put the whole twist-on cap in the freezer for an hour.  Maybe the fuse cap will shrink more than the plastic and it will just fall out.

WMcD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love those cabinets!

I almost guarantee they are Bussman brand fuse holders in those crossovers. They make LOTS of different ones. If you need to you could probably replace the whole holder. If you can't get the cap out, check with Grainger or other supply house. I had to find some once for some light dimmers in a theater. They didn't cost much.

Bruce

bussman.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:24 PM, stuckinthePIT said:

Thanks everyone, I have tried the super glue and needle nose players and had no luck! The cap is in the freezer now! I will try and get some drill bits that fit to size and give that a whirl. @ishwash here is a pic of the speaker the are from 1980 I believe. 

image.jpg

Ok, thanks, corner Heresy, looks like. There is a lot I haven't seen, huh!

Personally, I would just jumper across the fuse and set my amp really low on volume and see if you get any sound out of the speaker. That way, you will at least know if the fuse is the whole problem or not (while you are messing with trying to dig the fuse end out of the cap). Because that fuse may have been working right up to the moment that you removed the cap. I would also be a little concerned that it is even the correct fuse. I'd take the other speaker's fuse out to see if the two fuses are the same.

Actually when you first looked at the rest of the first fuse, could you tell whether its interior wire was burned into or not? If not, although the fuse must be replaced it is probably not the culprit. The reason I am being a Doubting Thomas is because Smith's Rule applies. If it can be another problem, it usually is.

It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe.:)

You really can't get that broken off fuse cap out of the fuse holder cap? Did you try a small pair of needle nose pliers? Insert the tip with jaw closed. Then open enough to squeeze against the sides of the broken off cap. Pull out while still exerting pressure against the insides of the cap.

• Like 1

I would have already bypassed the fuses so I could listen to them again.  lol   Unless you're running a crazy amount of power to them, the fuses aren't really needed for home use.  Unless you're heavy on the throttle, of course.

Solder a small piece of wire to that fuse, let it cool, then tug it out.  Something's gotta give.

I just got a pair of HIP's and when I checked the fuses they were both different but boy are they wedged in there so I didn't dare pull hard.  I found fuse caps on ebay and I will replace both of mine and put the correct 2.5A fast blow in them.